Window Resizing

Archive of historical feature requests.
Please use the GitHub link above to report issues.
Forum rules
Please be aware we are now using GitHub for issue tracking and feature requests.
- This section of the forum is now closed to new topics.

johndoe32102002

Window Resizing

Post by johndoe32102002 »

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 x64 Gnome3 with HandBrake 0.9.5 (x86_64) binary. The program works great for the most part, except I cannot resize the HandBrake window to fit my netbook as HandBrake Linux GUI does not support window resizing. My resolution is 1024x600 (16:9), and HandBrake cuts off at the bottom of the screen. Would there be a chance in the future this feature request might be implemented? Thanks.
jamiemlaw
Veteran User

Re: Window Resizing

Post by jamiemlaw »

There are a couple of reason why it is unlikely that this will be done: the first is that, at least on areas like the advanced options tab, there are a lot of widgets, and resizing the window would require a significant UI change; the second is that the developers have noticed a correlation between screen size and computer performance, and have come to the conclusion that any computer with too small a screen is probably not capable of running HandBrake effectively. There are already cases of users complaining that HandBrake is overheating/crashing their system, or using up too many resources.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Now that's a silly connection. I have my G4 mini hooked up to a 1920 by 1080 screen. I certainly wouldn't think that it could run Handbrake. Well it can, but not very fast.

SC
johndoe32102002

Post by johndoe32102002 »

On the other hand, I have a powerful quad-core netbook with flash HD components -- making it very fast for transcoding. I guess the worst case scenario would have me work the Handbrake commands from CLI. It would be nice if I could work it from the GUI though.