i7-8700 (Desktop CPU) Laptop Recommendation

Post your testing results with HandBrake.
John Entwistle

i7-8700 (Desktop CPU) Laptop Recommendation

Post by John Entwistle »

Hello, just thought I’d point out that there are still a few i7-8700 (Desktop CPU) laptops out there that are probably still the fastest video encoding laptops available, and they’re dropping in price as they are being phased out. According to cpu.userbenchmark.com, an i7-8700 CPU is still a little faster than any i9 mobile processor-powered laptop. I have this CUK (Computer Upgrade Kings) N950VR model, which is a repackaged Clevo N950TP6, and am very happy with it. Their dual-pipe, dual heat sink, dual fan cooling solution is massive for a laptop, and works great. It encodes the same John Wick 3 movie at the same default 2160 Chromecast settings 2 2/3 X faster than my old i7-3940xm powered laptop. (According to cpu.userbenchmark.com, an i7-3940xm runs about the same as a newer i7-7700 for comparison.) So if you want to stay mobile like myself, an apartment dweller, one of these i7-8700 powered laptops may be your answer as they are rapidly dropping in price as they dissapear. I also can’t say enough good things about CUK, who tests out different combinations of memory and drives to find out what works best. Also their Customer Service is quick and knowledgeable. This is a used model from them that is the same exact model as mine. Just thought I’d share my research and experience. Hope it helps someone: https://www.amazon.com/N950VR-i7-8700-i ... 719&sr=8-1 .