Interesting thuban development

Post your testing results with HandBrake.
ty2010
Novice

Interesting thuban development

Post by ty2010 »

I rip 1080 content to a lower resolution using fast deinterlace, it runs faster than the normal setting but puts out files with the same quality and exact same file size.
The regular encode rate is 125fps and 70% processor utilization. If I bump up the fsb, lower the multiplier so the cpu is at the exact rate, memory, HTlink and NB at nearly the same rate, the encode goes to 150-180fps and 85-100% utilization. I don't run this regularly as it makes the network controller eventually become unstable and the mb nb runs warmer as more voltage is required for the higher fsb.

Question is, how is the deinterlacing tied to the fsb and can similar increases be had without a higher fsb?

While running stock speed with higher fsb the result can be seen on SD content as well. No increases are seen when deinterlace or decomb are not used. I haven't been able to reproduce on a 4 core phenom as yet.

I would like to know if anyone else is experiencing this to determine if it is processor or board specific.

MB is a gigabyte 770t and processor is a 1045t.
250fsb - 90 fps
270fsb - 115 fps
288fsb - 125 fps
297fsb - 150-160fps
307fsb - 170-180fps

lowering the processor multi just ups the percent processor usage with minimal affect on the encoding speed until full useage is reached.