Really look at the resolution before clicking "start&qu

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Fastfwd

Really look at the resolution before clicking "start&qu

Post by Fastfwd »

I read the sticky on how to encode for ipod5.5 but maybe a little too fast. I assumed that by setting x264 and x264(ipod) it would make a file that would work on the iPod.

Well it turns out that auto-resize to 640x480 was turned off in my preferences so I spent 2-3 days making files that won't work. Gotta do them again, totally my bad.

But...

It would be nice to have just one "ipod" setting. Why do I need to tell it to use the x264 encoder and then tell it again to use x264 for ipod in a different drop-down. Maybe even just a generic (create only ipod movies) in the preferences.

Thanks
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Our next release (and our current svn, if you want to get it quicker and build from source) has presets where you can create your own presets and get what you want in one click, As well, has built in presets for the iPod and AppleTV so you can click on "iPod" in the preset drawer and everything is set properly for you.
Fastfwd

Post by Fastfwd »

dynaflash wrote:Our next release (and our current svn, if you want to get it quicker and build from source) has presets where you can create your own presets and get what you want in one click
That's great! Do I risk getting some odd bugs with the current svn or is it mostly cosmetic and interface changes?
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Fastfwd wrote:
dynaflash wrote:Our next release (and our current svn, if you want to get it quicker and build from source) has presets where you can create your own presets and get what you want in one click
That's great! Do I risk getting some odd bugs with the current svn or is it mostly cosmetic and interface changes?
Well, yes, you do risk a bug anytime you are building from source that is currently being tested. There are absolutely no guarantees if you build out of our latest svn. Unless you are competely willing to accept any risk of bugs including complete crashes :) I suggest you wait for our next public release.
sblasl

Post by sblasl »

dynaflash wrote:
Fastfwd wrote:
dynaflash wrote:
Well, yes, you do risk a bug anytime you are building from source that is currently being tested. There are absolutely no guarantees if you build out of our latest svn. Unless you are competely willing to accept any risk of bugs including complete crashes :) I suggest you wait for our next public release.
Is there an ETA?
baggss

Post by baggss »

sblasl wrote:
Is there an ETA?
I believe it is slated for sometime around "whenever".....Image
s55
HandBrake Team

Post by s55 »

It will be release when its ready.

When its ready is changing on a daily basis.