Movie Decriptions And More...How To Add

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Mucx
Experienced

Movie Decriptions And More...How To Add

Post by Mucx »

Let me just give everone a handy little link in case it isn't known. There is a guy called Doug, and he produces tons of fancy and great little Applescripts to do things...well things you probably didn't know you could do with iTunes!

One very useful script of his that I use on a daily basis is his 'Show Description' applescript. You know the information for a movie or a TV sow that appears with a litle 'i' symbol next to it? Do you know how to add your own description there? No neither do I...but Doug does and it is a simple little applescript that you can install (read the README) and it is just a matter of cut n' pasting or typing what you need in there and clicking update.

In theory, as I do not have an AppleTV it should also allow you all to add the show/movie descriptions so they appear when rolling over them on your TV.

Dougs Applescript page is: http://dougscripts.com
Show Description applescript link is: http://dougscripts.com/itunes/scripts/s ... escription

I hope that helps a few people?
Mucx
joe759

Post by joe759 »

Yeah his scripts are great, I used it for descriptions and long descriptions on my mac. The only problem I have is my apple tv is connected to intunes on a windows based machine. Does anybody know of only windows type plugins that can do this. THanks.
kevinbal

Post by kevinbal »

Not to hijack, but this is along the same lines...

Anyone know if there's a script that'll allow you to add the MPAA ratings like on movies purchased from the ITMS?
jedakroub

Post by jedakroub »

If you're on a Mac, you can use Lostify to add all the metadata iTunes accepts, inlcuding MPAA ratings.

Lostify uses the AtomicParsley command-line app to work its magic. There are numerous front-ends to AtomicParsley on all platforms.