Movie With No Audio or Video After 4 Month

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
xanders

Movie With No Audio or Video After 4 Month

Post by xanders »

Hi Guys,

I'm Having a weird situation with my AppleTV. When I play a file in my ATV there's no sound or video and sometimes the ATV Crash trying to play the file and it make a restart of the device, at this moment when I check the file in my Library is doing the same. There's no way to restore the file I try to play the file in different devices (Another machine, iPhone or iPod) and do the same thing. When this happen I have to re-encode the movie or TV Show is funny the first time but not anymore :( thanks guys.

I'm Using Handbrake (Linux OS) and the AppleTV Preset.

This ATV is not streaming is using sync.
Thanks.
First Post was here http://forum.handbrake.fr/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7457

Sorry but i can't provide a log after 4 month old. unless handbrake save a history log of all movies that I've been ripped. the movie is was playing fine until 4 months later now no video or in some cases no Audio but has video.

Cheers guys
rhester
Veteran User

Re: Movie With No Audio or Video After 4 Month

Post by rhester »

If it worked before, but doesn't now, this doth not be a HandBrake issue.

Rodney
dynaflash
Veteran User

Re: Movie With No Audio or Video After 4 Month

Post by dynaflash »

xanders wrote:the movie is was playing fine until 4 months later now no video or in some cases no Audio but has video
Gotta go with rhester on this one. If it worked fine before but not now, something happened to your devices or the file itself.