PS3 vs. Apple TV

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
firestorm

PS3 vs. Apple TV

Post by firestorm »

Hi! I'm fairly new to Handbrake and I have a few questions.

1. I am currently ripping my DVDs using the PS3 setting. Will these videos work on an AppleTV that I plan to purchase later on?
2. I had started ripping my DVDs using the Apple TV setting but would now like to convert them to PS3 format. Is there any way to do this without re-ripping them from DVD?

Thanks,
Jim
hartam01

Re: PS3 vs. Apple TV

Post by hartam01 »

firestorm wrote:Hi! I'm fairly new to Handbrake and I have a few questions.

1. I am currently ripping my DVDs using the PS3 setting. Will these videos work on an AppleTV that I plan to purchase later on?
2. I had started ripping my DVDs using the Apple TV setting but would now like to convert them to PS3 format. Is there any way to do this without re-ripping them from DVD?

Thanks,
Jim

there are many apps out there, for reconverting you can use mpegclip and a few other things...i know there has been many previous posts and responses in this forums, do a little search for that....and i believe your first question has already been asked multiple times as well in the forum as well...