FYI - ATV 2.0.1 Released

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
sbalthazor

FYI - ATV 2.0.1 Released

Post by sbalthazor »

Not specifically Handbrake, but for those using ATV's 2.0.1 software is now available via software update. Some folks are claiming speed improvements on the interface, but the big feature is there is now a GENRES menu in the My Movies area so you can finally sort your HB converted movies instead of using one big list. Didn't notice any problems with a few AC3 encodes I tested so at least it doesn't look like it broke anything...

-sbalthazor
nightstrm
Veteran User

Re: FYI - ATV 2.0.1 Released

Post by nightstrm »

I've heard Safari is much more responsive!
:lol:
swim2383

Post by swim2383 »

they fixed some of the network issues. don't get the uber stuttering when a movie finishes transferring at 8-15 minutes into the movie =)
brianlees
Novice

Post by brianlees »

Isn't that a big deal? I have read a lot about network stuttering issues on other sites. Even more reason to convince the Mrs. to get one. Another reason, we can take it on vacation and have a whole library of movies with us when we visit the in-laws! :)
swim2383

Post by swim2383 »

Fixing the network issues is huge. I would like them to fix the problem of dropping to the menu when a new iTunes library connects. i.e. you stream off your desktop, are watching a movie and decide to open your laptop. When iTunes, on the laptop, starts up your AppleTV will stutter for a second and then drop back to the menu. hopefully that will be next..... or adding viewing movies by their art like they do with rentals ;)