Ps3 ...Screen always black

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
lachigno

Ps3 ...Screen always black

Post by lachigno »

Using the PS3 presets Handbrakei my videos are always blacks!
I tried to change the following parameters:

Audio Encoder: AAC or AC3 or AC3+AAC
File Format: mp4 or m4v
Anamorphic par: Yes on No
Size: Automatic or 720 x ... (I always use AutoCrop)
Avg Bitrate: 2500 or automatic
level=41 or level=40

All useless, hear the audio, but I do not see the video!!!

Please help Me.

My configuration:

Playstation 3 Firmware 2.10
Handbrake Win 0.9.2 Build:2008021900
krell

Re: Ps3 ...Screen always black

Post by krell »

I get the same thing with the PS3 presets, so far I've not found any settings that work.
Thats with Handbrake Version 0.9.2 (2008021900) on a intel imac OS X 10.5.2
PS3 version 2.10

I'd be interested if anyone has any suggestions or can provide working settings.

Thanks
thundar

Post by thundar »

I have an xbox 360, but oftentimes I just use the ps3 preset with some options manipulation. Once in awhile I, too, get the black screen on playback. No video. No sound. I don't know what's going on. Hmm....
milesd

Post by milesd »

Hi I have the same problem on some DVDs and on other not with Handbrake 0.92 and PS3 preset (x264). My PS3 has the latest 2.30 firmware but I observed the
same problem with the 2.20 firmware. I have a Intel Dual 2 Core MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.5.2.

What i observed is following:
- When using Handbrake 0.91 everything is fine (so all videos converted with the PS3 preset will play on the PS3)
- When using Handbrake 0.92 and PS3 preset some videos will not display a picture but sound is OK

Further observation:
- When a video converted with Handbrake 0.92 will not display picture on the PS3 then I try to convert it again with the PS3 preset (x264) but with auto-crop off.
I set the crop to manual and then 0 (zero) points crop from top, bottom, left and right border. Basically this means no crop.
Such video will then play fine on the PS3 (screen option: original and normal. Zoom option is not available)

The suggestion to set the crop that way that horizontal and vertical resolution are dividable by 16 did not help with Handbrake 0.92. Only manual crop and then
0 (zero) points crop or conversion with Handbrake 0.91.