Any help having thumbnails for ripped DVD's into Apple TV

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
alopez0707

Any help having thumbnails for ripped DVD's into Apple TV

Post by alopez0707 »

I am an Apple TV user and am wondering if anyone has figured out how to get ripped DVD thumbnails into the Apple TV menu. Thanks.
Cavalicious

Re: Any help having thumbnails for ripped DVD's into Apple TV

Post by Cavalicious »

Not an HB issue...since I'm being nice, try MetaX
sbalthazor

Post by sbalthazor »

Again not a handbrake issue...but if you use iTunes or MetaX simply drop the art in there. The problem will you'll have is that the art is embedded in the file, and the sync process (if you are having the file transfered to the ATV hard drive) from iTunes to the appleTv doesn't get triggered on a change (ie. it doesn't resend the file because you made some change) - you'll have to pull the existing file down and then have the entire file resent to the ATV. Simple as marking the file to not be sent, sync your ATV (the file gets removed), make sure your file has all the updates (artwork and tags), mark it to be synced, and do the sync again.

PITA...but easy to do.
alopez0707

Post by alopez0707 »

Thanks guys. I appreciate the insight. I'm pretty new to this stuff. So do I need to rip my file as .mv4 instead of .mp4 or does it matter?
Cavalicious

Post by Cavalicious »

want chapters or not?
tkdehlinger

Post by tkdehlinger »

I am totally new to both Apple TV and HB so sorry if this is obvious. I would love to have chapters so from reading this I assume I need to use .mv4?