Some Advise For A Newbie

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
avlguy
New User

Some Advise For A Newbie

Post by avlguy »

I just installed Handbrake and have a few questions.

I am using an old version of Camtasia, version 6.02 to be exact, to make partial screen recordings. The area of the screen, which is about 550 X 650 pixels,that I'm recording does not change very often. The screen will get updated about every 15 seconds. Additionally, the color pallet does not need to be extensive. There will normally be five colors and every once in a while a sixth color may sneak in. The screen does not get updated that often but I will constantly be talking about what is on the screen. With the amount of screen updates that I do I could get away with one frame per second.

On a test run I used Camtasia to record a static screen for five minutes and created a 13 MB .avi file. I then just selected the "Vimeo YouTube 720p30" preset and got a nice reduction down to 3.5 MB. Does anyone have more precise settings that will give me an even better size reduction? The reduced video will ultimately be sent to YouTube.

Thanks in advance for any help.
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Some Advise For A Newbie

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your HB logs, instructions can be found here:

https://handbrake.fr/docs/en/latest/hel ... y-log.html