This is not - yet - a request for support, hence no activity log, but just a question whether the observed behaviour is known to someone and explainable. If it turns out to be necessary or helpful, I will provide the logs and settings.
I have been using a preset for compressing ripped DVDs based on advice found in various places; it has served me very well for years with HandBrake 0.10.0.6534.
I tried out 1.0.7 (on Windows) but it tended to not completing the queues fairly often, so I stuck with 0.10.
Now I decided to give 1.3.1 a try. I had to recreate the preset manually as the import from the plist file changed some settings (the Anamorphic setting and the H264 encoder settings )
Then I noticed two things:
- Files were getting about 36% larger with 1.3.1 than with 0.10.0.6534; I did not notice a visible difference in quality, but this was an admittedly perfunctory comparison.
- I have some DVD rips where 0.10 produces incomplete output, sometimes actually producing a disc error (on a removable drive), whereas 1.3.1 also sometimes fails, but less often and with a warning symbol instead of a silent error.
Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
Basically see above
HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
- 0.10.0.6534, 32-bit
- 1.3.1, 64-bit
Windows 10 1909
HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)
Code: Select all
Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR - provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.