We need a Preset for Discord servers please...

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Deleted User 11865

Re: We need a Preset for Discord servers please...

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Perhaps MKVToolnix. Though I don't know whether MKV files will play inline on Discord or not.
BradleyS

Post by BradleyS »

MKVToolNix, but indeed MKV won't work for Discord on most devices. You can use it to split your source video and then feed the pieces to HandBrake individually.
Deleted User 11865

If the source is a DVD, MKVToolnix won't be able to split it easily, or did they add DVD structure support at some point like they did for Blu-ray?
Deleted User 11865

Under macOS you could split the output with MKVToolnix, then use Subler to convert each piece to MP4. I think there may be an app similar to Subler for Windows, but I can't remember which.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

I think there may be an app similar to Subler for Windows, but I can't remember which.
VideoRedo
The new version 6 is a beast with new formats and controls.
Cor'e =)

Post by Cor'e =) »

Well, i'm on MS Windows, and i was hoping for something simple like how zip files get split in WinRAR or 7-Zip, just put in a vid and it splits voila! But i have to give you guys a lot of respect because i've learned just how complex this is and how well your software deals with it, i've use MPlayer for vid playback for years for example, and that code never rests always more updates going on, but looks the same to me lol!