DRC and subtitle not in default

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
msknight

DRC and subtitle not in default

Post by msknight »

Description of problem or question:
DRC setting and the removal of "Foreign Audio Scan" are not saving in my presets

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):
Load a DVD and set DRC to 4, then go to subtitles and remove the foreign audio scan. Then save the default preset.
Change to another track and the DRC has reduced back to 0 and the foreign audio scan is back.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Mint 19.2

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

[05:27:59] gtkgui: HandBrake 1.2.1 (2019021900) - Linux x86_64 - https://handbrake.fr
[05:27:59] hb_init: starting libhb thread
[05:28:03] CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz
[05:28:03]  - Intel microarchitecture Kaby Lake
[05:28:03]  - logical processor count: 6
[05:28:03] hb_scan: path=/dev/sr0, title_index=0
disc.c:424: error opening file BDMV/index.bdmv
disc.c:424: error opening file BDMV/BACKUP/index.bdmv
[05:28:03] bd: not a bd - trying as a stream/file instead
[05:28:03] dvd: Region mask 0xff
[05:28:03] dvd: Warning, DVD device has no region set
I recently upgraded my Mint version and loaded the latest Handbrake packages from the project repo (not the Mint repo) and where previously the DRC setting was retained in the default, as was my removal of any subtitle track.

For every track I load now, the DRC is being reset to 0 and the foreign audio scan is always present in the subtitles list. So for every track I want to convert, I'm having to delete the subtitle and re-set the DRC to 4.

I've looked in the preferences for default options, but there is no option to not include the foreign audio scan, nor is there a default DRC setting... so without these being in the presets, I'm having to do extra steps for every track.

Is there an easy way to automate this please? Or possibly put in a request to have these settings restored to the preset save?
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: DRC and subtitle not in default

Post by JohnAStebbins »

The settings that get saved to presets are in audio and subtitle "Track Selection" pane. For 'Foreign Audio Scan' there is a checkbox to disable it. DRC is in the 'Audio Encoder Settings'.
msknight

Re: DRC and subtitle not in default

Post by msknight »

Thank you very much for the help. I've found them.