Filmmaker needs help compressing HD for DVD-9 for Authoring

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
terraform

Filmmaker needs help compressing HD for DVD-9 for Authoring

Post by terraform »

Description of problem or question:
Hello there!
There may very well be a thread about this in here somewhere but I can't seem to find it as so many are using HandBrake to rip already authored DVD's and I am hoping to test it to compress my HQ ProRes Master to author my own DVD.

In all I am looking for the best 8 GB compression for my video (My Master is 120GB)
I have read in some places that doing a double encode can help (sorta stepping down... ie compress to a great 40GB file then compress that file to 8GB)

I also have an issue where my text for my titles (opening and end credits) looks awful... they are not moving but big bulky primary colors on black (only 2 colors however the text color which is not gradient and solid black bg) but for whatever reason the colors pixelate and block up awfully... so any suggestions for dealing with that would be very welcome as well.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Mac OS 10.12.6

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
Deleted User 13735

Re: Filmmaker needs help compressing HD for DVD-9 for Authoring

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Handbrake is not suited for compliant BD/DVD encoding for authoring.
It is good at transcoding unencrypted discs for software playable files.
terraform

Re: Filmmaker needs help compressing HD for DVD-9 for Authoring

Post by terraform »

OK thanks for your response... I was told it would be good but I also believe you.