Intel QSV & presets

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
RobD

Intel QSV & presets

Post by RobD »

I have been using Handbrake for a few years now, most of the time using the High Profile preset. Now with Handbrake 1.0.1 I see a lot of new presets. Reading the forums, seems like the HQ 1080p30 Surround is the closest equivalent. However, I've got a new 6th Generation i5 system with the HD540 Iris graphics and would like to take advantage of that to do my encoding. The extra 10-15% of disk space isn't a big deal, saving time when I re-encode all my movies is (originally burned captions in everything, but now I want them as an option).

So -
What's the best way to use the Intel QSV encoder with the presets? Pick the preset, switch to video, and just change it to by the Intel QSV? I've done some searching, but couldn't really find an answer.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Intel QSV & presets

Post by s55 »

Yes, that will work.

Change the Video encoder, Adjust the encoder preset on the video tab to prefer quality or speed, choose an RF that meets hits your quality target and encode as usual. Maybe save as a preset when you find what works for you.