Preset for Youtube

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Nobby Bob

Preset for Youtube

Post by Nobby Bob »

Hi Thanks for your time in advance. I have been using what I think, well according to youtube vidoes what seem ok preset for you tube. I have been shooting HD on my small video camera of opal. My problem and it may be what you get but it seems to take between 3/4 to 1.25 hrs for about 30 seconds of runtime.
Probabley like most I am not up there with the Goo Roos. Is it ok to offer a professional an incentive $$$ to do a present for me. I have seen some comments on the subject but no presets offered.
look forward to a reply. Nobby Bob :?
Deleted User 13735

Re: Preset for Youtube

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Activity log is required for support requests; money is not an acceptable substitute.
Answer your questions?
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

Youtube will re-encode your video no matter what, so for best results upload your original.
Nobby Bob

Post by Nobby Bob »

Thanks for both replies
I thought the idea of handbreak was to get a quicker down load and smaller file for upload. Like I said I am a mug
I thought my question was simple.
Does some one want to get paid to do some work? easy question
Second reply
If I uploaded the original 30 sec video it would take hours
so again " Does some one want to get paid to do some work?"
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Post by rollin_eng »

Can't you just set your camera to record at a lower resolution and or bitrate.
Woodstock
Veteran User

Post by Woodstock »

There really isn't a need for a custom preset - As mentioned, the main thing is limiting the degradation. There are several existing presets that will do that, and several that will give up some more quality for a smaller file, and ones that will give up even more quality to make a smaller file, etc.

The important thing to remember is, the more compression you do before you upload to Youtube, the less quality your video is going to have when it is viewed on the web. That is a given. The presets that will do the least amount of damage are also the ones that will make larger files; if the size of the file you are uploading to Youtube is that critical because of your upload speed, you are kind of stuck. It would probably be better to find a better connection for doing your uploads.