Apple TV 3 Vs. High Profile Presets (Apple TV)

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
aw1298
New User

Apple TV 3 Vs. High Profile Presets (Apple TV)

Post by aw1298 »

Hey Guys,
First, I am a novice with encoding and handbrake. I know the basics but I still use the presets because I don't want to screw up my final product. I am streaming to an Apple TV 3 1080p. When I am encoding a bluray or quality very close to a Bluray I recently starting using "High Profile" instead of "Apple TV 3" preset.

I recently noticed there are bars on my movie when I stream it. I assume this is do the aspect settings in the "High Profile" Preset. My question is, is the quality of the movie output while using "High Profile" a lot better than the "Apple TV 3" preset? Time is not an issue, I just want the best quality. The bars are annoying, however if I am loosing a lot of quality using "Apple TV 3", I can put up with the bars. Suggestions?

Thanks!!
rollin_eng
Veteran User

Re: Apple TV 3 Vs. High Profile Presets (Apple TV)

Post by rollin_eng »

Could you please post your logs, instructions can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31236
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Apple TV 3 Vs. High Profile Presets (Apple TV)

Post by mduell »

aw1298 wrote:First, I am a novice with encoding and handbrake.

Suggestions?
Since you're a self-proclaimed novice, and not an expert who can determine which directions are applicable to them and which are not, read and comply with the directions in bold underlined red text on a pink background at the top of the page.