Serenity Using iPhone setting-No Sound

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Jazz1

Serenity Using iPhone setting-No Sound

Post by Jazz1 »

When I import it into iTunes, or play it via QT I get know sound. I used the pre-set settings for iPhone, though this is destined for my iPod Touch. I'm sure this newbie made a mistake, but what did I do or didn't do? I did do a search of the forum.
Jazz1

Re: Serenity Using iPhone setting-No Sound

Post by Jazz1 »

Jazz1 wrote:When I import it into iTunes, or play it via QT I get know sound. I used the pre-set settings for iPhone, though this is destined for my iPod Touch. I'm sure this newbie made a mistake, but what did I do or didn't do? I did do a search of the forum.
Just checked settings. The default seems AC3 5.1. Is that where I'm going wrong as I'm playing on computer that is not 5.1, but two channel. Anyone?
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

Jazz1 wrote:The default seems AC3 5.1.
That's the source. The output is the popup to the right of that - the "mix". You want DPL II or below (DPL II is a stereo track that has surround sound information cunningly hidden in it - a suitable receiver can pick it out).

Is there audio on your iPod? When you examine the movie in QT, does it say there's an audio track?
Jazz1

Post by Jazz1 »

hawkman wrote:
Jazz1 wrote:The default seems AC3 5.1.
That's the source. The output is the popup to the right of that - the "mix". You want DPL II or below (DPL II is a stereo track that has surround sound information cunningly hidden in it - a suitable receiver can pick it out).

Is there audio on your iPod? When you examine the movie in QT, does it say there's an audio track?
I did rip another movie and it worked fine. I did open the ripped Serenity Movie and unlike the successful rip (with audio) under the menu Windows>Properties, there was no soundtrack listed.

Unless I mistakenly tweaked the wrong setting I don't know why there is no audio in the Serenity rip.