Movie Chapters Don't Show Up in iTunes

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
phearn

Movie Chapters Don't Show Up in iTunes

Post by phearn »

First time Handbrake User.

I successfully converter dvd to mp4 but I don't see how to select the chapters from within iTunes. The movie plays very well and the quality is excellent.

Does anybody know how to select chapters or did I do something wrong during the conversion.

By the way, Handbrake is sweet.

Thanks
nightstrm
Veteran User

Post by nightstrm »

Change the extension to .m4v.
phearn

Post by phearn »

Tried that already. Movie still plays fine but I don't see how to select chapters.

Any thoughts?
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

phearn wrote:Tried that already. Movie still plays fine but I don't see how to select chapters.

Any thoughts?
Well, though its really an iTunes question, when the movie is playing, put your cursor over the middle of the movie, the controller overlay will appear.
The chapter marker selector is just to the left of the full screen icon.

When you click on that, a popup will appear with all of the chapters to select from.
phearn

Post by phearn »

I see the full screen icon but I still don't see the chapter marker selector.

I tried to sreen capture the controller overlay but it won't paste into this messenger.

Also when I select Controls from the main iTunes menu the next chapter selction is grayed out.

I am not sure if this is an iTunes issue or a conversion issue.

Any further thoughts?

Thanks
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Well, it appears you must not have checked the Chapter markers checkbox. If that is grayed out, there are no chapter markers in the movie. :(
phearn

Post by phearn »

That makes sense but I can't find a chapters check box in the Windows GUI of Handbrake.

The only chapters related feature appears under the source section on the main GUI and it defaults to Automatic.

Maybe the chapters check box is not part of the current Windows Handbrake version? Is that right?