Transferring to iPhone, iPod, or iPad

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Xtreme

Transferring to iPhone, iPod, or iPad

Post by Xtreme »

Hello,

I am experiencing some rather frustrating issues while using the software. I have attempted to copy a few DVDs and trim them down for my iPad. However, I've ran into a few issues. I insert the DVD, pick it up in the source, click on the iPad setting (preset), and then start. Every time I start the file I go into previewing it and my file has several pixels and the audio is skipping. Again, I've tried this with several DVDs of mine and not one of them has worked correctly.

Is there something I am missing in this process? Maybe a setting?

Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated as I'd love to get some of my DVD purchases onto my iPad so I can watch them while being mobile.

Here's a link of my activity : http://paste.handbrake.fr/pastebin.php?show=3142
GregiBoy
Veteran User

Re: Transferring to iPhone, iPod, or iPad

Post by GregiBoy »

Handbrake does not defeat copy protection and this sounds like this is what is happening.

Have a read on this subject in the FAQ and/or use proper ripping software to pre-rip to your hard disk.
Durendal

Post by Durendal »

What GregiBoy said. Is VLC installed to your Applications folder? Handbrake uses this to get around copy protection without building that capability directly in. Make sure you have the latest version in your Applications folder, and I believe you have to fire it up at least once.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Durendal wrote:What GregiBoy said. Is VLC installed to your Applications folder? Handbrake uses this to get around copy protection without building that capability directly in. Make sure you have the latest version in your Applications folder, and I believe you have to fire it up at least once.
He's running Windows.

And no, VLC is no longer the recommended solution under OS X either:

DVD decryption, VLC 2.x and HandBrake
Durendal

Post by Durendal »

Rodeo wrote:
Durendal wrote:What GregiBoy said. Is VLC installed to your Applications folder? Handbrake uses this to get around copy protection without building that capability directly in. Make sure you have the latest version in your Applications folder, and I believe you have to fire it up at least once.
He's running Windows.

And no, VLC is no longer the recommended solution under OS X either:

DVD decryption, VLC 2.x and HandBrake
Ouch. I must've missed that development. Shame. Missed the platform reference in the Pastebin, too.