iOS 5 and Older Handbrake Encodes

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
nicolasonline

iOS 5 and Older Handbrake Encodes

Post by nicolasonline »

Hello,

Long time handbrake user, and this is the first time I couldn't find any answers to my problems and needed to create an account to ask a question.

I looked through all the forums here and elsewhere trying to find an answer, but no answers were found.

2 or 3 years ago I ripped my whole DVD collection so I could enjoy it on my Mac and Apple TV with Handbrake 0.9.2. It was done with the Apple TV preset with a string of code to enhance image quality as opposed to using the standard preset.

All went fine, and my files were playing everywhere on my Apple TV, my Mac and my iPad and iPhone.

Recently before a trip I tried transferring one of the files to my iPad and it failed to work.

Since then here are the tests I have done to try and narrow down the problem.

1. All files still work on my Mac.
2. All files still work on my Apple TV.
3. I have deleted the Surround track on each file and only left the aac stereo track, still don't transfer to my iOS devices.
4. I have deleted all Audio tracks on each file and still don't transfer to my iOS devices.

Upon opening the files in QT PRO 7, I can see that all the files that are giving me a problem are the ones that are showing a non-round number normal size that is corrected to a round-number display size, and i have a hunch that this is causing the problem maybe?

any feedback, pointers, help or ideas would be much appreciated.

thanking you,

nick

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nicolas505/6478594541/
nicolasonline

Re: iOS 5 and Older Handbrake Encodes

Post by nicolasonline »

It's been 3 days with no answers and I'm gonna have a last ditch attempt and bump this (forum rules were 2 days).

If there are no solutions to the above problem is there at least a way i can identify which of my files have non-whole number pixel counts as their normal size through the mac's finder or which version of handbrake was used. I have around 800 encoded movies, half of them went through handbrake, but it's pretty much all the movies that are not copying to iOS device that I need to find out about.

Any tips would be helpful. Thank you.