Important! I have comed to a weird anomaly with my ipod.

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
handbreakuser25

Important! I have comed to a weird anomaly with my ipod.

Post by handbreakuser25 »

I downloaded visualhub the other day, and now its been updated to 1.25 since i got in 1.23. I love handbreak and usually use it for everything. This new update though has called my attention and it should call yours. They have figured out a way to do I think anamorphic ipod video.
http://www.techspansion.com/visualhub/hi-res.php
Ok why is this important? Cause I didnt beleive and so i downloaded their Hi-Fi The office. I putted it on my ipod and wait? In my computer it says 640 x 480 but its a widescreen? How? it says its actual 853 x 480. This I think is cool because you can play it in your ipod and well I dont have an appleTV but it would truly be amazing if you could apply this to your application. Visualhub uses ffmpeg show and I beleive you guys also. So if someone could find out what settings they use in their package here.
All i have seen that changes in the advanced settings is that the aspect ratio for normal widescreen video is
Bitrate avg: 1478.5
Crop 640x480.
and
Extra FFmpeg flag: -f anantscdvd
For 2.35 aspect widescreen it has:
Crop 640 x 352
Extra FFmpeg flags: -f anantscdvd -aspect 2.35

This means higher quality and fullscreen video on your ipod which is pretty neat... I am sure that someone in handbrake might be interested in this. You do use ffmpeg so its probably not that big of a secret, but who knows I aint a programmer. Though anamorphic on an ipod is surely a step up.

The videos in the webpage are fully compatible with my iPod video 80gigabytes.
realityking
Veteran User

Post by realityking »