DVD Encoding for ATV1, iPhone 4 and iPad

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
jbjoret
Enlightened

DVD Encoding for ATV1, iPhone 4 and iPad

Post by jbjoret »

I usually answer those kind of questions but I have not found the answer to this one. I am having issues with some of my ATV1 encodings (some have been encoded 2-3 years ago with older HB version, some are just a few weeks old, encoded with the latest). Here is the issue I have: Some movies will not sync with iPhone 4 nor with the iPad. Usually I have at least 1+ AAC Audio track and one AC3 track. Until now I have not been able to find what exactly makes the difference between the movies that will sync and the ones that won't. I am using the standard Preset ATV1.

Since the iPhone 4, iPad and ATV2 have the same preset, I would like to make sure that all the work I have invested in converting my DVDs the last past years is not to be thrown away because it is will not be compatible with my future ATV2. Moreover sometimes I just want to watch my movies on my iPhone or iPad instead of using the ATV1.

Does anyone have an idea of what could be the reason why it does not sync. My only suspect is currently the Anamorphic/Keep ratio settings.
rogue23
Enlightened

Re: DVD Encoding for ATV1, iPhone 4 and iPad

Post by rogue23 »

Post an encoding log for one of your recent encodes that's not working.