Update Loses H.264 Support For Blu-ray Player

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
QualityIsNumber1

Update Loses H.264 Support For Blu-ray Player

Post by QualityIsNumber1 »

Hello, I have been using your software for several years now and would like to say that this is by far the best video encoding software I have ever used. I have been mainly encoding my videos for my blu-ray player, which is the Seiki BD660, (In the H.264 codec) and have been very happy with the results. I was especially happy when I saw that the newest update (0.9.5) had better blu-ray support. There are several videos that I have that I wish to encode but only the new update recognizes the audio.

After encoding with it I was dissapointed that the updated H.264 codec is no longer compatible with my blu-ray player. However, the MPEG4 codec still works but I find that the video quality is not near as good as the H.264. Will there be an update in the future that will go back to using the 0.9.4's version of the H.264 codec?

Thanks,

Joshua.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Re: Update Loses H.264 Support For Blu-ray Player

Post by JohnAStebbins »

You are probably seeing a problem that several others are seeing with their players. The player may not support variable framerate h.264 video properly. Try selecting a specific framerate in the video tab instead of using "Same as source". This will cause handbrake to create constant framerate video.
QualityIsNumber1

Thank you! It works now. I just hope that if I do any long videos it won't become out of sync (By the end of the video). I shall test it and see.

Thanks again,

Joshua.
JohnAStebbins
HandBrake Team

Post by JohnAStebbins »

QualityIsNumber1 wrote:Thank you! It works now. I just hope that if I do any long videos it won't become out of sync (By the end of the video). I shall test it and see.

Thanks again,

Joshua.
HandBrake is suppose to adjust for any such sync issues. So if you see any such problems, please let us know so we can fix them.
QualityIsNumber1

JohnAStebbins wrote:
HandBrake is suppose to adjust for any such sync issues. So if you see any such problems, please let us know so we can fix them.
Okay I will let you know if I do.

Have a nice weekend,

Josh.