Roku XDS USB Compatibility

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mbeckman03

Roku XDS USB Compatibility

Post by mbeckman03 »

Hi,

I just purchased a Roku XDS and have a number of files that are saved in mp4 and m4v formats. The Roku player will play some but not the others. I formatted all of the movies the same at least I thought I did. For example, I ripped Chapelle's show and 300 the exact same but 300 does not have sound only picture whereas Chapelle's show has both.

Is there a guaranteed mp4 or mv4 setting that will allow me to play these movies on my roku xds with no issues?

Thanks!

Update 12/30/10
I downloaded the beta 0.9.5 and used the Apple TV 2 setting with only one source of audio output. This worked but the only issue I was having is that the movie is displayed as more of a squeezed (vertical imagery) movie instead of its widescreen format.

However, my goal is to get it into a widescreen format with the highest resolution possible. Any thoughts would be great.

Thanks!
Last edited by mbeckman03 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Roku XDS USB Compatibility

Post by mduell »

Forum rules
Activity Log is required for support requests. See Must Read: How To Get Questions Answered on These Forums for details
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

mbeckman03

Post by mbeckman03 »

Sorry all...still new to this...I noticed I put my post in the wrong area so I reposted it. I'll remove the other one.
SoCalRedneck

Post by SoCalRedneck »

Was this ever resolved? I have a similar issue with my Roku.
Smithcraft
Veteran User

Post by Smithcraft »

Post a log of what works and what does work, and we'll see what we can help you with.

SC
fervid

Post by fervid »

Roku boxes have weird audio options and the settings needs changed at times. Like if I want to hear 5.1 or greater output...especially on my surround sound I have to change the sound/audio option of the Roku to Surround/5.1. Then it won't play through my TV though. I sometimes play over USB, but usually play over the DLNA of my ASUS router. Most of my videos are 720p (Larger usually won't play over the Rokus I have Wifi only. I then take the beast audio- DTS MA, DTS, or 5.1AC3 (In that order) and Downmix it to Dolby Pro Logic or Pro Logic II. I had used this in another tool with good results so just stuck with it. All the other 5.1 and pass through options had mixed results. My Surround box still seems to see it as multi-channel...it isn't theater quality, but all I use it for is kids movies so I don't have a stack of 100 discs in front of the TV to suit their 5min attention span.