HandBraking the PS3 (The PS3 Owners Thread)

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
DualShock

Re: HandBraking the PS3 (The PS3 Owners Thread)

Post by DualShock »

@Rodeo:

Thanks! Updated to 0.9.5 and it runs much better. But it's still relatively slow for this one TV box set season I'm currently encoding. I think it's due to the fact that it was mastered poorly, with tons of interlacing lines all over the place, so Handbrake has to work harder.

@dolphin_boy:

Currently I'm using 2 channel AC3 downmix (AAC CoreAudio) as audio track 1, and AC3 passthru as audio track 2. I'll give your suggestion a shot this weekend and post back with what I find. It would be great if I could remove the downmix audio track to make the file size smaller.
DualShock

Post by DualShock »

dolphin_boy wrote:if you could, it would be of great help, at least to my sanity, if you could encode the same movie twice, first with 2 channel AAC or whatever you've been using as the only audio track, and second with AC3 passthrough as the only audio track, keeping all other options the same. Then play the 2 files and see if you can tell if the audio is synced differently between the two.
Well, unfortunately it appears you are correct. There is definitely a slight lag in the audio when using the AC3 passthru audio track. This happens both with a new encode of a TV episode with just the AC3 passthru, and also using a previous encoding of the same episode with both 2 channel AAC and AC3 passthru, and switching audio tracks with the PS3.

Here's the thing though. I have a recent Sony Bravia TV, KDL-22EX308 (a 2010 model I believe) which appears to be able to decode Dolby Digital 5.1. If I hit the Display button on the remote, it shows the current source's resolution, as well as the Dolby double-D logo if Dolby Digital 5.1 is being sent over. If I play the episode described above off the DVD directly, then go to AV Settings on the PS3's DVD playback menu, and switch the Audio Output Format to Bitstream, the TV displays the double-D logo, and plays the audio, in sync, using only 2 speakers of course. (The same double-D logo appears when playing Metal Gear Solid 4.) The PS3 also "detects" that the TV can support Dolby Digital 5.1 using the PS3's Audio Settings XMB item, and choosing the Automatic setup option.

Apparently the TV behaves the same way when playing the same episode encoded via Handbrake, choosing the AC3 passthru track on the PS3. Same Dolby double-D logo displayed on the TV, but the audio is out of sync.

If this is the case, then it seems that most likely the PS3 doesn't decode the AC3 passthru at all, but for some reason sends it across the HDMI cable out of sync.
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Guys,
Rodeo wrote:Now, how about AC3 source -> AC3 encoder instead of passthrough (#4 instead of #3)? Is it out of sync too?
DualShock

Post by DualShock »

Yes, still out of sync. I used the default settings: AC3 encoder, 6 channel discrete mixdown, auto sample rate and 640 kbps bitrate.
joethezombie
Experienced

Post by joethezombie »

I guess I have a dissenting opinion. I'm fairly susceptible to audio sync, enough to notice the 40ms I had to delay at the receiver level... Today I encoded the same film with:

AC3 -> AC3 passthru
AC3 -> AC3 ffmpeg 6 Channel Discrete (640)
AC3 -> AAC 6 Channel Discrete (640)
AC3 -> AAC Stereo ProLogic II (160)

I then connected the PS3 slim directly to my Samsung 40" via HDMI. On playback, I can detect absolutely no difference in audio sync between the 4 versions.

One thing I did notice, is that the PS3 only outputs 24Hz when an actual Blu-ray disc is in the drive. Encoded films at 23.976 get the pulldown treatment and displayed @ 60Hz. :evil:
lilrkt

Post by lilrkt »

joethezombie wrote:One thing I did notice, is that the PS3 only outputs 24Hz when an actual Blu-ray disc is in the drive. Encoded films at 23.976 get the pulldown treatment and displayed @ 60Hz. :evil:
:twisted:
ayz

Post by ayz »

so it seems like for maximum compatibility, i've been re-encoding all the MKV files i download into:

h.264, with 2 audio tracks: (1) AAC(coreaudio)/Dolby Pro Logic II, and (2) AC3 pass-through

These files work on both my xbox360 and PS3. However, on the PS3, I have to manually go into the audio options and select the second track every time I play the file; it won't automatically go to AC3 passthrough. And if I swap the track order, so that the first track is AC3 pass-through and second is the AAC downmix, the file won't play on my xbox.

Suggestions? I'm basically trying to keep both audio tracks (AAC DPLII downmix for xbox, and AC3 pass-through for PS3) and maintain compatibility but without having to manually select the AC3 track every time I play it on my PS3.
dolphin_boy

Post by dolphin_boy »

joethezombie wrote:I guess I have a dissenting opinion. I'm fairly susceptible to audio sync, enough to notice the 40ms I had to delay at the receiver level... Today I encoded the same film with:

AC3 -> AC3 passthru
AC3 -> AC3 ffmpeg 6 Channel Discrete (640)
AC3 -> AAC 6 Channel Discrete (640)
AC3 -> AAC Stereo ProLogic II (160)

I then connected the PS3 slim directly to my Samsung 40" via HDMI. On playback, I can detect absolutely no difference in audio sync between the 4 versions.

One thing I did notice, is that the PS3 only outputs 24Hz when an actual Blu-ray disc is in the drive. Encoded films at 23.976 get the pulldown treatment and displayed @ 60Hz. :evil:
I found a movie that I had encoded but only just now got around to watching that was perfectly in sync the whole way through with AC3 passthrough. I just checked and the source FPS is 23.976

I found a different movie that was way way off and its source was 29.970

But just as I thought I might be on to something, I found a different movie that shows as being 23.976 and its also off.

I went back and re-encoded the 29.970 movie turning off a bunch of stuff, no subtitles, pyramid b-frame off, adaptive b-frame off, etc, and THEN IT HAD AUDIO IN SYNC PERFECTLY!

I'm going back and disabling things one at a time to see if I can recreate the setting that seems to be triggering the behavior. Its still weird that the behavior only effects SOME (but confirmed to be not all) movies and only ever AC3 passthrough, and never 2-channel AAC. I did a AC3 re-encode to 6 channel discrete on a blue-ray and its audio was out of sync as well.

At the moment I'm thinking that the setting in question causing the problem is Motion Estimation Range = 64 This was pointed out earlier in the thread, that I had gone full retard on this setting, and I'm coming to the same conclusion. The only thing holding me back on confirming is my 4 year old core 2 duo.

DualShock: What were your advanced options? MErange=64?

joethezombie: Could you paste your advanced options that you use? the whole thing please, just to be safe so I don't miss anything? I'll re-run my problem movies with exactly what you use....could be some movies trigger the behavior and others don't (god help us all)

Side Question: Video Filters: Detelecine and decomb I've been leaving on default, the rest to off. Any reason to change this?
Deleted User 11865

dolphin_boy wrote:I went back and re-encoded the 29.970 movie turning off a bunch of stuff, no subtitles, pyramid b-frame off, adaptive b-frame off, etc, and THEN IT HAD AUDIO IN SYNC PERFECTLY!

I'm going back and disabling things one at a time to see if I can recreate the setting that seems to be triggering the behavior. Its still weird that the behavior only effects SOME (but confirmed to be not all) movies and only ever AC3 passthrough, and never 2-channel AAC. I did a AC3 re-encode to 6 channel discrete on a blue-ray and its audio was out of sync as well.

At the moment I'm thinking that the setting in question causing the problem is Motion Estimation Range = 64 This was pointed out earlier in the thread, that I had gone full retard on this setting, and I'm coming to the same conclusion. The only thing holding me back on confirming is my 4 year old core 2 duo.
Unlikely. I agree with joethezombie on that point:
joethezombie wrote::merange=64 is a pretty strange option, no x264 preset uses more than 24, not even "placebo". I doubt that is your problem, though.
The issue here is that merange 64 is much slower then the default, with so little difference that it's not useful, even on machines many times faster than yours.

Regarding what triggers sync vs desync, my money is on b-pyramid or other bframes-related settings; combined with sources that have a variable framerate that's quite far from their nominal framerate at times.

P.S. in any case, stop using merange 64 - the default of 16 works just fine, and there are options that'll help compression efficiency more.
DualShock

Post by DualShock »

dolphin_boy wrote:DualShock: What were your advanced options? MErange=64?
I selected the High Profile preset, and changed the quality setting on the Video tab to RF: 19 per the first or second post in this thread. Everything else stayed as default from the High Profile preset, except for my experimentation with the audio tracks.

The advanced settings I see in the Advanced tab are:

Code: Select all

b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50
Sorry if I'm not very technical with video encoding. I have been using Handbrake for a long time, but mainly for iPhone encoding in the past, so I just used a preset and hit the start button. :D Though I have learned quite a bit from the 3 or 4 pages I've read in the wiki.

Also, FWIW, with AC3 Passthru, the video plays perfectly with VLC, so it's probably some setting that is causing the PS3 to trip up.
dolphin_boy

Post by dolphin_boy »

Rodeo wrote:The issue here is that merange 64 is much slower then the default, with so little difference that it's not useful, even on machines many times faster than yours.

Regarding what triggers sync vs desync, my money is on b-pyramid or other bframes-related settings; combined with sources that have a variable framerate that's quite far from their nominal framerate at times.

P.S. in any case, stop using merange 64 - the default of 16 works just fine, and there are options that'll help compression efficiency more.
Yeah, I finally got around to doing a set of encodes with Pyramidal B-Frames set to off (even the High Profile preset has it on to "default") as per your first suggestion to me, and there was noticeable improvement in the problem movies I have identified...but still not all the way. I regret it took me so long to finally start playing with this option, I spent so much time playing with the audio options that I wasted many cycles doing encodes not testing what I thought I was testing.

So, what B-Frames would you suggest? turn off all B-Frame related settings, other than max left to default(3)? or should I set this options according to the source framerate, ie, do one setting for 23.9 as opposed to 29.9, etc? Anything else I should try? Is it variable framerates triggering it? I have noticed some movies that were perfect even with full retard settings.
Deleted User 11865

Could you clarify? So, disabling b-pyramid helps, but is not quite as in-sync as you'd expect? If that's the case, the next step would be to disable bframes completely (setting the maximum to 0).
Disabling "Adaptive B-Frames" is not a good idea (it makes bframes much less useful - it should always be set to at least Fast).

Another thing to try would be to leave b-pyramid enabled, but setting a specific framerate (e.g. 29.97 fps for your 29.97 fps sources). Do not check "Peak framerate" in this test.

Can you report back on the above tests (#1 disabling bframes, staying "Same as source"; #2 leaving bframes and b-pyramid enabled, but setting the framerate to 29.97 fps and not checking PFR)?
joethezombie
Experienced

Post by joethezombie »

Well, I find this discussion interesting. I have had only two instances in which audio sync has been an issue on the PS3. Firstly was with the 0.9.4 release. Any encode done with 0.9.4 and High Profile showed ~150ms out-of-sync when played on the PS3. As stated prior, upgrading to a nightly solved that issue. Secondly was during very high bit rate Blu-ray conversions (above 30000), first discovered on the "zombie crows" sequence in Resident Evil Extinction, and later on in TinkerBell and the Lost Treasure. Incorporating slices and setting the maxrate below 40000 was the cure there.

One question, are you streaming to your PS3, or playback directly on the PS3 internal drive?
dolphin_boy wrote:joethezombie: Could you paste your advanced options that you use? the whole thing please, just to be safe so I don't miss anything? I'll re-run my problem movies with exactly what you use....could be some movies trigger the behavior and others don't (god help us all)
I use modified High Profile presets to match x264's tune options. RF 19 for DVD, RF 21 for HD (except for Grain, then up to 23 to keep a reasonable filesize).

Film/CGI:

ref=4:bframes=4:b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:direct=auto:me=umh:subq=8:deblock=-1,-1:psy-rd=1.00,0.15:vbv-bufsize=15000:vbv-maxrate=15000
Cell:

ref=4:bframes=8:b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:direct=auto:me=umh:subq=8:deblock=1,1:psy-rd=0.40,0.00:aq-strength=0.6:vbv-bufsize=15000:vbv-maxrate=15000
Grain:

ref=4:bframes=4:b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:direct=auto:me=umh:subq=8:deblock=-2,-2:psy-rd=1.00,0.25:aq-strength=0.5:no-dct-decimate=1:deadzone-inter=6:deadzone-intra=6:ipratio=1.1:pbratio=1.1:qcomp=0.8:vbv-bufsize=15000:vbv-maxrate=15000
I should note that I have stopped using :slices=4:vbv-bufsize=30000:vbv-maxrate=40000 and moved my maxrate down to 15000 as I am also targeting a 2nd device that starts stuttering around 18000 bitrate.
dolphin_boy

Post by dolphin_boy »

Rodeo wrote:Could you clarify? So, disabling b-pyramid helps, but is not quite as in-sync as you'd expect? If that's the case, the next step would be to disable bframes completely (setting the maximum to 0).
Disabling "Adaptive B-Frames" is not a good idea (it makes bframes much less useful - it should always be set to at least Fast).

Another thing to try would be to leave b-pyramid enabled, but setting a specific framerate (e.g. 29.97 fps for your 29.97 fps sources). Do not check "Peak framerate" in this test.

Can you report back on the above tests (#1 disabling bframes, staying "Same as source"; #2 leaving bframes and b-pyramid enabled, but setting the framerate to 29.97 fps and not checking PFR)?
Yeah, disabling b-pyramid reduced desync, but did not eliminate it.

I have queued up your 2 suggested tests next in the queue. I have added a third run using Joe's film/CGI settings, as this is a CGI film.

I've noticed that I usually have the worst issues with animated movies, both cell and CGI. Thus, I tracked down all the animated DVDs I could find, and the most stubborn film of all has been the CGI movie "Chicken Little." If anyone here happens to own a copy (because of the kids, of course :oops: ), perhaps you can give it a shot and see if you have trouble like I do.

Also, Joe, I am streaming to my PS3. I can copy a few movies down to see if it changes anything. I got a router with a DLNA compliant media server built in, and I WAS going to use that so I could leave the computer off, but it had trouble indexing certain movies....it basically would never index some files. Since I've been leaving the computer on to do test encodes, I just shared everything with Windows Media Player. I also have PlayOn, and it does some sort of media sharing using VLC, so I just kicked that on for sh*ts.
dolphin_boy

Post by dolphin_boy »

dolphin_boy wrote:
Rodeo wrote:Could you clarify? So, disabling b-pyramid helps, but is not quite as in-sync as you'd expect? If that's the case, the next step would be to disable bframes completely (setting the maximum to 0).

Yeah, disabling b-pyramid reduced desync, but did not eliminate it.

I have queued up your 2 suggested tests next in the queue. I have added a third run using Joe's film/CGI settings, as this is a CGI film.

I've noticed that I usually have the worst issues with animated movies, both cell and CGI. Thus, I tracked down all the animated DVDs I could find, and the most stubborn film of all has been the CGI movie "Chicken Little." If anyone here happens to own a copy (because of the kids, of course :oops: ), perhaps you can give it a shot and see if you have trouble like I do.

Also, Joe, I am streaming to my PS3. I can copy a few movies down to see if it changes anything. I got a router with a DLNA compliant media server built in, and I WAS going to use that so I could leave the computer off, but it had trouble indexing certain movies....it basically would never index some files. Since I've been leaving the computer on to do test encodes, I just shared everything with Windows Media Player. I also have PlayOn, and it does some sort of media sharing using VLC, so I just kicked that on for sh*ts.
Sorry for the delay, i borked the encodes and had to redo them.

ok, for the problem movie (Chicken Little):

1. (disabling bframes, staying "Same as source") - fixed audio desync essentially completely
2. (leaving bframes and b-pyramid enabled, but setting the framerate to source fps (23.9 in this case)) - same as original full retard settings, audio way out of sync
3. (Joe's film/CGI settings) - same as original full retard settings, audio way out of sync.
4. (just b-pyramid disabled) - audio out of sync half as bad

Not all movies are as bad as Chicken Little. Another movie I own, Gladiator, encoded fine with "full retard" settings (b-pyramid on, max b-frame=4, adaptive b-frame=optimal, adaptive direct=automatic) had PERFECT audio sync.

A third movie, with same settings as Gladiator, had audio out of sync equal to Chicken Little with b-pyramid set to off.

so I end up with 2 questions:

1. What does disabling b-frame result in, practically speaking? reduced quality? larger file-size? combo of both?
2. Is there a way to tell, before hand, if a movie is going to have problems with b-frames? something that I could look for?

Otherwise I guess I could use this as an excuse to get a stereo for the tv, assuming it bypasses this problem. *sigh*
joethezombie
Experienced

Post by joethezombie »

Did you try playback directly on the PS3? I just encoded Chicken Little, and other than the obvious voice to character problems, it was in perfect sync.
dolphin_boy

Post by dolphin_boy »

joethezombie wrote:Did you try playback directly on the PS3? I just encoded Chicken Little, and other than the obvious voice to character problems, it was in perfect sync.
I copied the files to the PS3 through the network from the media player server, I copied them to a USB stick on the computer, then played them from both the USB stick and after copying to the PS3 HD from the USB stick, all the same as streaming.

What do you mean by "obvious voice to character problems"?

Did you test your chicken little without your stereo in the mix (PS3 straight to tv with hdmi)? Are you still running a nightly build, or .9.5?

For me, the differences between chicken little encoded with different options is just extreme:

1. b-frames completely disabled (max b-frame = 0) perfect audio sync
2. using your advanced settings you posted a little further up = .5 second off easily. Every time. I've mad at least 5 different encodes that had essentially the same b-frame settings, all with the same results.
3. just b-pyramid disabled = .25 second off.

But like I said, not every movie gives me this problem. Gladiator was perfect for me. I just did an blu-ray encode of transformers with zero problems. I don't own many movies so I don't have many other test subjects.

If you get the chance, Joe, could you try the following (without your stereo)

1. Encode chicken little again, with b-frames completely disabled. You already have an encode with your regular settings. compare the two, and see if you see audio sync differences between the two. The scene early on, where chicken little is trying to convince everyone that a piece of the sky hit him, has a good test. Right after the acorn falls and hits him, his dad picks it up and tells everyone that its been a mistake...the whole time here when the father is talking is super obvious in my encodes. there are some other good spots as well, but this one is early on and easy to find.

I would really appreciate it. I'm gonna try a few other things, but then I might just give up and encode everything with disabled b-frames.
joethezombie
Experienced

Post by joethezombie »

my normal preset

# Windows GUI svn3736 2011010501
# Running: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
# CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9550  @ 2.83GHz
# Ram: 4094 MB
# Screen: 1680x1050
# Temp Dir: C:\Users\Zombies\AppData\Local\Temp\
# Install Dir: C:\VideoTools\Handbrake
# Data Dir: C:\Users\Zombies\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\HandBrake\0.9.5.3736

# CLI Query:  -i "C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso" -t 1 -c 1-21 -o "D:\Cinema\Chicken Little.mp4"  -f mp4 -O  --detelecine --strict-anamorphic  -e x264 -q 18 -r 23.976 -a 1,1 -E copy:ac3,faac -6 auto,dpl2 -R Auto,Auto -B auto,160 -D 0,0 --subtitle scan --subtitle-burn=1 --markers="C:\Users\Zombies\AppData\Local\Temp\Chicken Little-1-chapters.csv" -x ref=4:bframes=4:b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:direct=auto:me=umh:subq=8:deblock=-1,-1:psy-rd=1.00,0.15 --verbose=1
# User Query: False
-------------------------------------------

[09:01:42] hb_init: checking cpu count
[09:01:42] hb_init: starting libhb thread
HandBrake svn3736 (2011010501) - MinGW i386 - http://handbrake.fr
4 CPUs detected
Opening C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso...
[09:01:42] hb_scan: path=C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso, title_index=1
libbluray/bdnav/index_parse.c:157: indx_parse(): error opening C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso/BDMV/index.bdmv
libbluray/bluray.c:960: nav_get_title_list(C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso) failed (0x1a80980)
[09:01:42] bd: not a bd - trying as a stream/file instead
libdvdnav: Using dvdnav version 4.1.3
libdvdread: Encrypted DVD support unavailable.
libdvdnav: DVD Title: LTL0NNF1
libdvdnav: DVD Serial Number: 36488A1AC9B775E5
libdvdnav: DVD Title (Alternative): 
libdvdnav: Unable to find home directorylibdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[09:01:42] scan: DVD has 1 title(s)
[09:01:42] scan: scanning title 1
[09:01:42] scan: opening IFO for VTS 1
[09:01:42] scan: duration is 01:20:48 (4848210 ms)
[09:01:42] pgc_id: 1, pgn: 1: pgc: 0x1a86338
[09:01:42] scan: vts=1, ttn=1, cells=0->43, blocks=0->1771076, 1771077 blocks
[09:01:42] scan: checking audio 1
[09:01:42] scan: id=80bd, lang=English (AC3), 3cc=eng ext=0
[09:01:42] scan: checking subtitle 1
[09:01:42] scan: id=20bd, lang=English (Closed Caption), 3cc=eng
[09:01:42] scan: checking subtitle 2
[09:01:42] scan: id=23bd, lang=English, 3cc=eng
[09:01:42] scan: title 1 has 21 chapters
[09:01:42] scan: chap 1 c=0->3, b=0->91641 (91642), 238407 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 2 c=4->7, b=91642->121978 (30337), 104445 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 3 c=8->10, b=121979->198320 (76342), 258272 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 4 c=11->11, b=198321->299457 (101137), 305900 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 5 c=12->21, b=299458->454425 (154968), 392196 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 6 c=22->23, b=454426->582762 (128337), 388619 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 7 c=24->24, b=582763->640590 (57828), 164481 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 8 c=25->25, b=640591->759051 (118461), 338950 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 9 c=26->26, b=759052->855076 (96025), 219926 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 10 c=27->27, b=855077->927693 (72617), 196751 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 11 c=28->28, b=927694->996098 (68405), 177630 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 12 c=29->29, b=996099->1098953 (102855), 233708 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 13 c=30->30, b=1098954->1144984 (46031), 124368 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 14 c=31->34, b=1144985->1237322 (92338), 224973 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 15 c=35->35, b=1237323->1321142 (83820), 184527 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 16 c=36->36, b=1321143->1375964 (54822), 131689 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 17 c=37->37, b=1375965->1531533 (155569), 349021 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 18 c=38->38, b=1531534->1608217 (76684), 214777 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 19 c=39->41, b=1608218->1684094 (75877), 188023 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 20 c=42->42, b=1684095->1770889 (86795), 411362 ms
[09:01:42] scan: chap 21 c=43->43, b=1770890->1771076 (187), 176 ms
[09:01:42] scan: aspect = 0
[09:01:42] scan: decoding previews for title 1
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[09:01:42] scan: title angle(s) 1
[09:01:42] scan: audio 0x80bd: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=448000 English (AC3) (5.1 ch)
[09:01:42] scan: 10 previews, 720x480, 23.976 fps, autocrop = 0/2/0/0, aspect 16:9, PAR 32:27
[09:01:42] scan: title (0) job->width:720, job->height:400
[09:01:42] libhb: scan thread found 1 valid title(s)
+ title 1:
  + vts 1, ttn 1, cells 0->43 (1771077 blocks)
  + duration: 01:20:48
  + size: 720x480, pixel aspect: 32/27, display aspect: 1.78, 23.976 fps
  + autocrop: 0/2/0/0
  + chapters:
    + 1: cells 0->3, 91642 blocks, duration 00:03:58
    + 2: cells 4->7, 30337 blocks, duration 00:01:44
    + 3: cells 8->10, 76342 blocks, duration 00:04:18
    + 4: cells 11->11, 101137 blocks, duration 00:05:06
    + 5: cells 12->21, 154968 blocks, duration 00:06:32
    + 6: cells 22->23, 128337 blocks, duration 00:06:29
    + 7: cells 24->24, 57828 blocks, duration 00:02:44
    + 8: cells 25->25, 118461 blocks, duration 00:05:39
    + 9: cells 26->26, 96025 blocks, duration 00:03:40
    + 10: cells 27->27, 72617 blocks, duration 00:03:17
    + 11: cells 28->28, 68405 blocks, duration 00:02:58
    + 12: cells 29->29, 102855 blocks, duration 00:03:54
    + 13: cells 30->30, 46031 blocks, duration 00:02:04
    + 14: cells 31->34, 92338 blocks, duration 00:03:45
    + 15: cells 35->35, 83820 blocks, duration 00:03:05
    + 16: cells 36->36, 54822 blocks, duration 00:02:12
    + 17: cells 37->37, 155569 blocks, duration 00:05:49
    + 18: cells 38->38, 76684 blocks, duration 00:03:35
    + 19: cells 39->41, 75877 blocks, duration 00:03:08
    + 20: cells 42->42, 86795 blocks, duration 00:06:51
    + 21: cells 43->43, 187 blocks, duration 00:00:00
  + audio tracks:
    + 1, English (AC3) (5.1 ch) (iso639-2: eng), 48000Hz, 448000bps
  + subtitle tracks:
    + 1, English (Closed Caption) (iso639-2: eng) (Bitmap)(VOBSUB)
    + 2, English (iso639-2: eng) (Bitmap)(VOBSUB)
    + 3, Closed Captions (iso639-2: eng) (Text)(CC)
Reading chapter markers from file C:\Users\Zombies\AppData\Local\Temp\Chicken Little-1-chapters.csv
Subtitle Scan Enabled - enabling subtitles if found for foreign language segments
[09:01:42] 2 job(s) to process
[09:01:42] starting job
[09:01:42] sync: expecting 116264 video frames
[09:01:42] job configuration:
[09:01:42]  * source
[09:01:42]    + C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso
[09:01:42]    + title 1, chapter(s) 1 to 21
[09:01:42]  * destination
[09:01:42]    + D:\Cinema\Chicken Little.mp4
[09:01:42]    + container: MPEG-4 (.mp4 and .m4v)
[09:01:42]      + optimized for progressive web downloads
[09:01:42]      + chapter markers
[09:01:42]  * video track
[09:01:42]    + decoder: mpeg2
[09:01:42]      + bitrate 9800 kbps
[09:01:42]    + frame rate: 23.976 fps -> constant 23.976 fps
[09:01:42]    + strict anamorphic
[09:01:42]      + storage dimensions: 720 * 480 -> 720 * 478, crop 0/2/0/0, mod 0
[09:01:42]      + pixel aspect ratio: 32 / 27
[09:01:42]      + display dimensions: 853 * 478
[09:01:42]    + filter
[09:01:42]      + Detelecine (pullup) (default settings)
[09:01:42]  * subtitle track 1, English (Closed Caption) (id 20bd) Picture [VOBSUB] -> Foreign Audio Search
[09:01:42]  * subtitle track 2, English (id 23bd) Picture [VOBSUB] -> Foreign Audio Search
libdvdnav: Unable to find home directorylibdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
libdvdnav: DVD disk reports itself with Region mask 0x00000000. Regions: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[09:02:38] reader: done. 24 scr changes
[09:02:38] work: average encoding speed for job is 0.000000 fps
[09:02:38] mpeg2 done: 0 frames
[09:02:38] render: 0 frames output, 0 dropped and 0 duped for CFR/PFR
[09:02:38] render: lost time: 0 (0 frames)
[09:02:38] render: gained time: 0 (0 frames) (0 not accounted for)
[09:02:38] Subtitle stream 0x20bd 'English (Closed Caption)': 2393 hits (0 forced)
[09:02:38] Subtitle stream 0x23bd 'English': 27 hits (0 forced)
[09:02:38] Found a subtitle candidate id 0x23bd
[09:02:38] starting job
[09:02:38] sync: expecting 116264 video frames
[ac3 @ 0x2240050] No channel layout specified. The encoder will guess the layout, but it might be incorrect.
[09:02:38] job configuration:
[09:02:38]  * source
[09:02:38]    + C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso
[09:02:38]    + title 1, chapter(s) 1 to 21
[09:02:38]  * destination
[09:02:38]    + D:\Cinema\Chicken Little.mp4
[09:02:38]    + container: MPEG-4 (.mp4 and .m4v)
[09:02:38]      + optimized for progressive web downloads
[09:02:38]      + chapter markers
[09:02:38]  * video track
[09:02:38]    + decoder: mpeg2
[09:02:38]      + bitrate 9800 kbps
[09:02:38]    + frame rate: 23.976 fps -> constant 23.976 fps
[09:02:38]    + strict anamorphic
[09:02:38]      + storage dimensions: 720 * 480 -> 720 * 478, crop 0/2/0/0, mod 0
[09:02:38]      + pixel aspect ratio: 32 / 27
[09:02:38]      + display dimensions: 853 * 478
[09:02:38]    + filter
[09:02:38]      + Detelecine (pullup) (default settings)
[09:02:38]    + encoder: x264
[09:02:38]      + options: ref=4:bframes=4:b-adapt=2:rc-lookahead=50:direct=auto:me=umh:subq=8:deblock=-1,-1:psy-rd=1.00,0.15
[09:02:38]      + quality: 18.00 (RF)
[09:02:38]  * subtitle track 2, English (id 23bd) Picture [VOBSUB] -> Render/Burn in
[09:02:38]  * audio track 0
[09:02:38]    + decoder: English (AC3) (5.1 ch) (track 1, id 80bd)
[09:02:38]      + bitrate: 448 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[09:02:38]    + AC3 passthrough
[09:02:38]  * audio track 1
[09:02:38]    + decoder: English (AC3) (5.1 ch) (track 1, id 80bd)
[09:02:38]      + bitrate: 448 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[09:02:38]    + mixdown: Dolby Pro Logic II
[09:02:38]    + encoder: faac
[09:02:38]      + bitrate: 160 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[09:02:39] encx264: min-keyint: auto (23), keyint: 240
[09:02:39] encx264: encoding with stored aspect 32/27
[09:02:39] encx264: Encoding at constant RF 18.000000
x264 [info]: using SAR=32/27
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.1 Cache64
[09:02:39] reader: first SCR 146 id 224 DTS 22254
[09:02:39] mpeg2: "Chapter 1" (1) at frame 0 time 3003
x264 [info]: profile High, level 3.0
No accelerated IMDCT transform found
[09:05:33] mpeg2: "Chapter 2" (2) at frame 5737 time 21538531
[09:06:43] mpeg2: "Chapter 3" (3) at frame 8252 time 30978099
[09:09:14] mpeg2: "Chapter 4" (4) at frame 14472 time 54327108
[09:13:11] mpeg2: "Chapter 5" (5) at frame 21801 time 81837591
[09:18:15] sync: audio 32957 time went backwards 0 ms, dropped 1 frames (next 109802880, current 109802880)
[09:18:15] sync: audio 32957 time went backwards 0 ms, dropped 1 frames (next 109802880, current 109802880)
[09:18:48] sync: audio 32957 time went backwards 0 ms, dropped 1 frames (next 114410880, current 114410880)
[09:18:48] sync: audio 32957 time went backwards 0 ms, dropped 1 frames (next 114410880, current 114410880)
[09:19:12] mpeg2: "Chapter 6" (6) at frame 31265 time 117360497
[09:23:30] mpeg2: "Chapter 7" (7) at frame 40589 time 152360784
[09:25:08] mpeg2: "Chapter 8" (8) at frame 44541 time 167195604
[09:28:47] mpeg2: "Chapter 9" (9) at frame 52653 time 197646024
[09:31:34] mpeg2: "Chapter 10" (10) at frame 57924 time 217432791
[09:33:50] mpeg2: "Chapter 11" (11) at frame 62633 time 235108449
[09:36:01] mpeg2: "Chapter 12" (12) at frame 66884 time 251066391
[09:38:56] mpeg2: "Chapter 13" (13) at frame 72493 time 272120424
[09:40:15] mpeg2: "Chapter 14" (14) at frame 75485 time 283351644
[09:42:25] mpeg2: "Chapter 15" (15) at frame 80879 time 303598368
[09:44:45] mpeg2: "Chapter 16" (16) at frame 85301 time 320197451
[09:46:03] mpeg2: "Chapter 17" (17) at frame 88468 time 332086328
[09:50:41] mpeg2: "Chapter 18" (18) at frame 96829 time 363470681
[09:52:44] mpeg2: "Chapter 19" (19) at frame 101977 time 382794986
[09:54:55] mpeg2: "Chapter 20" (20) at frame 106502 time 399779248
[09:57:32] mpeg2: "Chapter 21" (21) at frame 116353 time 436756687
[09:57:32] reader: done. 24 scr changes
[09:57:32] work: average encoding speed for job is 35.327621 fps
[09:57:33] sync: got 116368 frames, 116264 expected
[09:57:33] mpeg2 done: 116368 frames
[09:57:33] render: 116364 frames output, 3 dropped and 11 duped for CFR/PFR
[09:57:33] render: lost time: 36036 (12 frames)
[09:57:33] render: gained time: 36036 (32 frames) (0 not accounted for)
[09:57:33] render: average dropped frame duration: 3003
x264 [info]: frame I:1347  Avg QP:13.22  size: 55740  PSNR Mean Y:50.86 U:52.69 V:52.44 Avg:51.32 Global:50.84
x264 [info]: frame P:36062 Avg QP:17.22  size: 12436  PSNR Mean Y:48.06 U:50.61 V:50.33 Avg:48.66 Global:47.60
x264 [info]: frame B:78955 Avg QP:20.74  size:  3808  PSNR Mean Y:46.41 U:49.36 V:49.01 Avg:47.10 Global:46.68
x264 [info]: consecutive B-frames:  4.1%  7.5% 32.5% 29.4% 26.4%
x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4:  7.4% 80.9% 11.8%
x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4:  3.1% 10.7%  1.7%  P16..4: 32.8% 16.2% 11.5%  0.0%  0.0%    skip:23.9%
x264 [info]: mb B  I16..4:  0.3%  1.6%  0.4%  B16..8: 32.5%  6.7%  1.9%  direct: 3.0%  skip:53.6%  L0:41.1% L1:46.2% BI:12.7%
x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:71.3% inter:74.8%
x264 [info]: direct mvs  spatial:99.9% temporal:0.1%
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 76.3% 88.3% 69.5% inter: 18.6% 23.7% 6.3%
x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 36% 15%  8% 42%
x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 14% 12% 13%  7% 10% 11% 10% 11% 11%
x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 14%  9%  7%  9% 14% 15% 12% 11% 10%
x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 42% 22% 21% 16%
x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:2.5% UV:2.0%
x264 [info]: ref P L0: 57.3%  8.1% 21.8%  8.6%  4.0%  0.1%
x264 [info]: ref B L0: 83.9% 13.2%  2.9%
x264 [info]: ref B L1: 91.6%  8.4%
x264 [info]: SSIM Mean Y:0.9881765 (19.273db)
x264 [info]: PSNR Mean Y:46.974 U:49.783 V:49.458 Avg:47.633 Global:46.981 kb/s:1358.54
[09:57:36] muxmp4: optimizing file
[09:58:08] mux: track 0, 116364 frames, 824127498 bytes, 1358.46 kbps, fifo 32
[09:58:08] mux: track 1, 151649 frames, 271755008 bytes, 447.95 kbps, fifo 256
[09:58:08] mux: track 2, 227474 frames, 97019218 bytes, 159.92 kbps, fifo 512
[09:58:08] libhb: work result = 0
Rip done!
HandBrake has exited.
:bframes=0

# Windows GUI svn3736 2011010501
# Running: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0
# CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad  CPU   Q9550  @ 2.83GHz
# Ram: 4094 MB
# Screen: 1680x1050
# Temp Dir: C:\Users\Zombies\AppData\Local\Temp\
# Install Dir: C:\VideoTools\Handbrake
# Data Dir: C:\Users\Zombies\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\HandBrake\0.9.5.3736

# CLI Query:  -i "C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso" -t 1 -c 1-21 -o "D:\Cinema\Chicken Little [noB].mp4"  -f mp4 -4  -O  --detelecine --strict-anamorphic  -e x264 -q 18 -r 23.976 -a 1,1 -E copy:ac3,faac -6 auto,dpl2 -R Auto,Auto -B auto,160 -D 0,0 --subtitle scan --subtitle-burn=1 -x ref=4:bframes=0:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:subq=8:deblock=-1,-1:psy-rd=1.00,0.15 --verbose=1
# User Query: False
-------------------------------------------

[10:30:25] hb_init: checking cpu count
[10:30:25] hb_init: starting libhb thread
HandBrake svn3736 (2011010501) - MinGW i386 - http://handbrake.fr
4 CPUs detected
Opening C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso...
[10:30:25] hb_scan: path=C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso, title_index=1
libbluray/bdnav/index_parse.c:157: indx_parse(): error opening C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso/BDMV/index.bdmv
libbluray/bluray.c:960: nav_get_title_list(C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso) failed (0x19a07a0)
[10:30:25] bd: not a bd - trying as a stream/file instead
[10:30:25] scan: DVD has 1 title(s)
[10:30:25] scan: scanning title 1
[10:30:25] scan: opening IFO for VTS 1
[10:30:25] scan: duration is 01:20:48 (4848210 ms)
[10:30:25] pgc_id: 1, pgn: 1: pgc: 0x19a5f78
[10:30:25] scan: vts=1, ttn=1, cells=0->43, blocks=0->1771076, 1771077 blocks
[10:30:25] scan: checking audio 1
[10:30:25] scan: id=80bd, lang=English (AC3), 3cc=eng ext=0
[10:30:25] scan: checking subtitle 1
[10:30:25] scan: id=20bd, lang=English (Closed Caption), 3cc=eng
[10:30:25] scan: checking subtitle 2
[10:30:25] scan: id=23bd, lang=English, 3cc=eng
[10:30:25] scan: title 1 has 21 chapters
[10:30:25] scan: chap 1 c=0->3, b=0->91641 (91642), 238407 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 2 c=4->7, b=91642->121978 (30337), 104445 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 3 c=8->10, b=121979->198320 (76342), 258272 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 4 c=11->11, b=198321->299457 (101137), 305900 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 5 c=12->21, b=299458->454425 (154968), 392196 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 6 c=22->23, b=454426->582762 (128337), 388619 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 7 c=24->24, b=582763->640590 (57828), 164481 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 8 c=25->25, b=640591->759051 (118461), 338950 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 9 c=26->26, b=759052->855076 (96025), 219926 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 10 c=27->27, b=855077->927693 (72617), 196751 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 11 c=28->28, b=927694->996098 (68405), 177630 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 12 c=29->29, b=996099->1098953 (102855), 233708 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 13 c=30->30, b=1098954->1144984 (46031), 124368 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 14 c=31->34, b=1144985->1237322 (92338), 224973 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 15 c=35->35, b=1237323->1321142 (83820), 184527 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 16 c=36->36, b=1321143->1375964 (54822), 131689 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 17 c=37->37, b=1375965->1531533 (155569), 349021 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 18 c=38->38, b=1531534->1608217 (76684), 214777 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 19 c=39->41, b=1608218->1684094 (75877), 188023 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 20 c=42->42, b=1684095->1770889 (86795), 411362 ms
[10:30:25] scan: chap 21 c=43->43, b=1770890->1771076 (187), 176 ms
[10:30:25] scan: aspect = 0
[10:30:25] scan: decoding previews for title 1
[10:30:25] scan: title angle(s) 1
[10:30:25] scan: audio 0x80bd: AC-3, rate=48000Hz, bitrate=448000 English (AC3) (5.1 ch)
[10:30:25] scan: 10 previews, 720x480, 23.976 fps, autocrop = 0/2/0/0, aspect 16:9, PAR 32:27
[10:30:25] scan: title (0) job->width:720, job->height:400
[10:30:26] libhb: scan thread found 1 valid title(s)
+ title 1:
  + vts 1, ttn 1, cells 0->43 (1771077 blocks)
  + duration: 01:20:48
  + size: 720x480, pixel aspect: 32/27, display aspect: 1.78, 23.976 fps
  + autocrop: 0/2/0/0
  + chapters:
    + 1: cells 0->3, 91642 blocks, duration 00:03:58
    + 2: cells 4->7, 30337 blocks, duration 00:01:44
    + 3: cells 8->10, 76342 blocks, duration 00:04:18
    + 4: cells 11->11, 101137 blocks, duration 00:05:06
    + 5: cells 12->21, 154968 blocks, duration 00:06:32
    + 6: cells 22->23, 128337 blocks, duration 00:06:29
    + 7: cells 24->24, 57828 blocks, duration 00:02:44
    + 8: cells 25->25, 118461 blocks, duration 00:05:39
    + 9: cells 26->26, 96025 blocks, duration 00:03:40
    + 10: cells 27->27, 72617 blocks, duration 00:03:17
    + 11: cells 28->28, 68405 blocks, duration 00:02:58
    + 12: cells 29->29, 102855 blocks, duration 00:03:54
    + 13: cells 30->30, 46031 blocks, duration 00:02:04
    + 14: cells 31->34, 92338 blocks, duration 00:03:45
    + 15: cells 35->35, 83820 blocks, duration 00:03:05
    + 16: cells 36->36, 54822 blocks, duration 00:02:12
    + 17: cells 37->37, 155569 blocks, duration 00:05:49
    + 18: cells 38->38, 76684 blocks, duration 00:03:35
    + 19: cells 39->41, 75877 blocks, duration 00:03:08
    + 20: cells 42->42, 86795 blocks, duration 00:06:51
    + 21: cells 43->43, 187 blocks, duration 00:00:00
  + audio tracks:
    + 1, English (AC3) (5.1 ch) (iso639-2: eng), 48000Hz, 448000bps
  + subtitle tracks:
    + 1, English (Closed Caption) (iso639-2: eng) (Bitmap)(VOBSUB)
    + 2, English (iso639-2: eng) (Bitmap)(VOBSUB)
    + 3, Closed Captions (iso639-2: eng) (Text)(CC)
Subtitle Scan Enabled - enabling subtitles if found for foreign language segments
[10:30:26] 2 job(s) to process
[10:30:26] starting job
[10:30:26] sync: expecting 116264 video frames
[10:30:26] job configuration:
[10:30:26]  * source
[10:30:26]    + C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso
[10:30:26]    + title 1, chapter(s) 1 to 21
[10:30:26]  * destination
[10:30:26]    + D:\Cinema\Chicken Little [noB].mp4
[10:30:26]    + container: MPEG-4 (.mp4 and .m4v)
[10:30:26]      + 64-bit formatting
[10:30:26]      + optimized for progressive web downloads
[10:30:26]  * video track
[10:30:26]    + decoder: mpeg2
[10:30:26]      + bitrate 9800 kbps
[10:30:26]    + frame rate: 23.976 fps -> constant 23.976 fps
[10:30:26]    + strict anamorphic
[10:30:26]      + storage dimensions: 720 * 480 -> 720 * 478, crop 0/2/0/0, mod 0
[10:30:26]      + pixel aspect ratio: 32 / 27
[10:30:26]      + display dimensions: 853 * 478
[10:30:26]    + filter
[10:30:26]      + Detelecine (pullup) (default settings)
[10:30:26]  * subtitle track 1, English (Closed Caption) (id 20bd) Picture [VOBSUB] -> Foreign Audio Search
[10:30:26]  * subtitle track 2, English (id 23bd) Picture [VOBSUB] -> Foreign Audio Search
[10:31:21] reader: done. 24 scr changes
[10:31:22] work: average encoding speed for job is 0.000000 fps
[10:31:22] mpeg2 done: 0 frames
[10:31:22] render: 0 frames output, 0 dropped and 0 duped for CFR/PFR
[10:31:22] render: lost time: 0 (0 frames)
[10:31:22] render: gained time: 0 (0 frames) (0 not accounted for)
[10:31:22] Subtitle stream 0x20bd 'English (Closed Caption)': 2393 hits (0 forced)
[10:31:22] Subtitle stream 0x23bd 'English': 27 hits (0 forced)
[10:31:22] Found a subtitle candidate id 0x23bd
[10:31:22] starting job
[10:31:22] sync: expecting 116264 video frames
[ac3 @ 0x19a4ad0] No channel layout specified. The encoder will guess the layout, but it might be incorrect.
[10:31:22] job configuration:
[10:31:22]  * source
[10:31:22]    + C:\Temp\Sources\chicken little.iso
[10:31:22]    + title 1, chapter(s) 1 to 21
[10:31:22]  * destination
[10:31:22]    + D:\Cinema\Chicken Little [noB].mp4
[10:31:22]    + container: MPEG-4 (.mp4 and .m4v)
[10:31:22]      + 64-bit formatting
[10:31:22]      + optimized for progressive web downloads
[10:31:22]  * video track
[10:31:22]    + decoder: mpeg2
[10:31:22]      + bitrate 9800 kbps
[10:31:22]    + frame rate: 23.976 fps -> constant 23.976 fps
[10:31:22]    + strict anamorphic
[10:31:22]      + storage dimensions: 720 * 480 -> 720 * 478, crop 0/2/0/0, mod 0
[10:31:22]      + pixel aspect ratio: 32 / 27
[10:31:22]      + display dimensions: 853 * 478
[10:31:22]    + filter
[10:31:22]      + Detelecine (pullup) (default settings)
[10:31:22]    + encoder: x264
[10:31:22]      + options: ref=4:bframes=0:rc-lookahead=50:me=umh:subq=8:deblock=-1,-1:psy-rd=1.00,0.15
[10:31:22]      + quality: 18.00 (RF)
[10:31:22]  * subtitle track 2, English (id 23bd) Picture [VOBSUB] -> Render/Burn in
[10:31:22]  * audio track 0
[10:31:22]    + decoder: English (AC3) (5.1 ch) (track 1, id 80bd)
[10:31:22]      + bitrate: 448 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[10:31:22]    + AC3 passthrough
[10:31:22]  * audio track 1
[10:31:22]    + decoder: English (AC3) (5.1 ch) (track 1, id 80bd)
[10:31:22]      + bitrate: 448 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[10:31:22]    + mixdown: Dolby Pro Logic II
[10:31:22]    + encoder: faac
[10:31:22]      + bitrate: 160 kbps, samplerate: 48000 Hz
[10:31:22] encx264: min-keyint: auto (23), keyint: 240
[10:31:22] encx264: encoding with stored aspect 32/27
[10:31:22] encx264: Encoding at constant RF 18.000000
x264 [info]: using SAR=32/27
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 FastShuffle SSE4.1 Cache64
x264 [info]: profile High, level 3.0
[10:31:22] reader: first SCR 146 id 224 DTS 22254
[10:31:22] mpeg2: "" (1) at frame 0 time 3003
[10:34:26] mpeg2: "" (2) at frame 5737 time 21538531
[10:35:41] mpeg2: "" (3) at frame 8252 time 30978099
[10:38:13] mpeg2: "" (4) at frame 14472 time 54327108
[10:41:27] mpeg2: "" (5) at frame 21801 time 81837591
[10:44:41] sync: audio 32957 time went backwards 0 ms, dropped 1 frames (next 109802880, current 109802880)
[10:44:41] sync: audio 32957 time went backwards 0 ms, dropped 1 frames (next 109802880, current 109802880)
[10:45:15] sync: audio 32957 time went backwards 0 ms, dropped 1 frames (next 114410880, current 114410880)
[10:45:15] sync: audio 32957 time went backwards 0 ms, dropped 1 frames (next 114410880, current 114410880)
[10:45:39] mpeg2: "" (6) at frame 31265 time 117360497
[10:50:07] mpeg2: "" (7) at frame 40589 time 152360784
[10:51:45] mpeg2: "" (8) at frame 44541 time 167195604
[10:55:26] mpeg2: "" (9) at frame 52653 time 197646024
[10:58:21] mpeg2: "" (10) at frame 57924 time 217432791
[11:00:43] mpeg2: "" (11) at frame 62633 time 235108449
[11:02:53] mpeg2: "" (12) at frame 66884 time 251066391
[11:05:44] mpeg2: "" (13) at frame 72493 time 272120424
[11:07:08] mpeg2: "" (14) at frame 75485 time 283351644
[11:09:31] mpeg2: "" (15) at frame 80879 time 303598368
[11:12:04] mpeg2: "" (16) at frame 85301 time 320197451
[11:13:29] mpeg2: "" (17) at frame 88468 time 332086328
[11:18:22] mpeg2: "" (18) at frame 96829 time 363470681
[11:20:24] mpeg2: "" (19) at frame 101977 time 382794986
[11:22:44] mpeg2: "" (20) at frame 106502 time 399779248
[11:25:28] mpeg2: "" (21) at frame 116353 time 436756687
[11:25:28] reader: done. 24 scr changes
[11:25:29] work: average encoding speed for job is 35.840740 fps
[11:25:29] sync: got 116368 frames, 116264 expected
[11:25:29] mpeg2 done: 116368 frames
[11:25:29] render: 116364 frames output, 3 dropped and 11 duped for CFR/PFR
[11:25:29] render: lost time: 36036 (12 frames)
[11:25:29] render: gained time: 36036 (32 frames) (0 not accounted for)
[11:25:29] render: average dropped frame duration: 3003
x264 [info]: frame I:2856  Avg QP:15.74  size: 32778  PSNR Mean Y:49.92 U:51.80 V:51.54 Avg:50.38 Global:49.77
x264 [info]: frame P:113508 Avg QP:17.97  size:  7516  PSNR Mean Y:46.92 U:49.72 V:49.46 Avg:47.59 Global:47.01
x264 [info]: mb I  I16..4: 19.7% 69.8% 10.5%
x264 [info]: mb P  I16..4:  1.1%  3.8%  0.6%  P16..4: 33.6% 14.8% 10.6%  0.0%  0.0%    skip:35.5%
x264 [info]: 8x8 transform intra:69.5% inter:71.8%
x264 [info]: coded y,uvDC,uvAC intra: 74.0% 85.6% 65.3% inter: 24.5% 31.4% 8.8%
x264 [info]: i16 v,h,dc,p: 37% 16%  8% 39%
x264 [info]: i8 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 13% 11% 10%  8% 11% 12% 11% 12% 12%
x264 [info]: i4 v,h,dc,ddl,ddr,vr,hd,vl,hu: 11%  7%  5% 10% 16% 16% 13% 12% 11%
x264 [info]: i8c dc,h,v,p: 40% 23% 20% 16%
x264 [info]: Weighted P-Frames: Y:1.6% UV:1.2%
x264 [info]: ref P L0: 63.5%  9.7% 15.8%  6.2%  4.7%  0.1%
x264 [info]: SSIM Mean Y:0.9879504 (19.190db)
x264 [info]: PSNR Mean Y:46.993 U:49.772 V:49.506 Avg:47.655 Global:47.061 kb/s:1560.64
[11:25:31] muxmp4: optimizing file
[11:26:05] mux: track 0, 116364 frames, 946724994 bytes, 1560.54 kbps, fifo 16
[11:26:05] mux: track 1, 151649 frames, 271755008 bytes, 447.95 kbps, fifo 256
[11:26:05] mux: track 2, 227474 frames, 97019218 bytes, 159.92 kbps, fifo 512
[11:26:05] libhb: work result = 0
Rip done!
HandBrake has exited.
Myself and my beautiful bride just spent the last half hour skimming through both versions, watching the part you mention, as well as near the end of the show just before dad is introduced to the baby alien (he speaks very slowly there). We could detect no differences in audio sync. PS3 was directly connected to Samsung TV via HDMI. We reviewed both the AC3 5.1 downmix and AAC 2-channel streams. Not sure why you are seeing such a huge sync (.5 seconds would be simply unwatchable).
dolphin_boy wrote:What do you mean by "obvious voice to character problems"?
An animated cartoon character with a beak does not have an articulated mouth like a human. The animator tries hard to match main syllabary with mouth position, but it is not 100%. I can detect very slight drift from word to word (some leading, some trailing, but certainly not even close to .5 seconds).

Ultimately, if you are seeing perfect sync with no b-frames, you have to target for that. I wonder if this is a phat vs. slim thing. Very odd.
dolphin_boy

Post by dolphin_boy »

How did you open an iso for encode in handbrake?(in your log you posted it appears you did this) is this a feature in the nightly build? cause in .9.5 I cannot open an .iso......

I'll also try to track down a live action movie that I have problems with.I did have some problem with planet terror, but was mainly so so. But if you are running a different version than me that I definitely want to get in on that.
Deleted User 11865

libdvdread can open ISO images. That feature has been here for a long time.

libbluray cannot open ISO images, so you have to mount it if your source is a Blu-Ray ISO.
dolphin_boy

Post by dolphin_boy »

Rodeo wrote:libdvdread can open ISO images. That feature has been here for a long time.

libbluray cannot open ISO images, so you have to mount it if your source is a Blu-Ray ISO.
ah, and indeed the only iso i had at the time I tried was a blu-ray iso.
corvette_chris

Post by corvette_chris »

Ok I am VERY new to Handbrake.

I am having troubles encoding files for playback on my ps3. I am so far only encoding my DVD's as I am trying to set up a media server.
My setup is I am streaming my videos to my ps3 from a storage drive attached to my home network.

My problem is the Files I am encoding are choppy on playback on the ps3, almost as if its trying to play farther than its buffering. At first I thought it was a bandwidth issue with the storage drive, so i transferred the files to my computer hard drive and was still getting the same issues. And its only on some of the files I've done.

I guess my question is what settings should I be using to avoid this issue? I am looking for a target file size of between 1-2GB also
trebor27

Post by trebor27 »

Hi Guys,

I've been reading this thread with much interest. I've been having loads of REALLY MINOR audio sync issues. I thought it was just me, as I've rarely seen anyone complaining about it.

Also I independantly of this thread found that totally disabeling B-Frames fixed the issue entirely for me on EVERY dvd I have encoded since! (B-Frames = 0) So I think it's the same issue we are talking about here.

The audio sync is *NOT* specific to the PS3, I also see it on:
PS3 Slim
Using AC3 passthrough OR AAC downmix to Dolby Prologic II
Disabling B-Frames fixes it totally
XBOX 360 and XBOX 360S
Using AAC downmix as above
Disabling B-Frames fixes it totally
Nokia N8
Using AC3 passthrough
I've not tried any of my recent encodes using AAC downmix, or "disabled" B-Frames.
VLC on PC
It ***APPEARS*** that I never have audio-sync issues here. It usually looks pretty good to me!

For me the audio *APPEARS* to be the early, as in the sound leads the video a fraction, so if you use an external amp with audio delay you will tune it out quite easily I suspect. But it's so minor you can only really tell from watching people talk, but it drives me nuts!

My TV accepts Dolby 5.1 over the HDMI from the PS3/Nokia N8 and decodes it automatically. But I can see the lip-sync issue on the N8 screen directly too.

Just my 2c.

Cheers
Rob
Remy

Post by Remy »

Hello there, everyone.

I'm new to Handbrake and I've been reading through every forum I can find to rip my DVDs into files I can play on my PS3 (which obviously led me to this thread). I've found a lot of useful information, but I still can't figure out where my problem originates.

I'm using PS3MediaServer to link to my PS3 (had formerly been trying to use Vuze). Every time I try to play a Handbrake made m4v, playback is choppy (stutters). PS3 recognizes the m4v and plays it without transcoding, but it still stutters. I tried forced transcoding, but all that does is play the video in fast-forward with no audio. All of the m4v files I've made play perfectly fine on my computer. So I'm thinking it's either a setting in Handbrake, a setting in PS3MediaServer, or my connection. Below is a list of things I've tried to see if I could trace the problem (all the things I've tried have been based on the scattered thoughts of people across the web, so if something I tried makes no sense, I was just trying whatever people were suggesting)

In Handbrake:
-Set Fixed Frame Rate at 29.97
-Set Fixed Frame Rate at 23.976
-Set all audio to AAC (CoreAudio) Dolby Pro Logic
-Set all audio to AAC (CoreAudio) Stereo
-Deactivated detelecine
-Deactivated decomb
-Deactivated deinterlace
-Deactivated Chapters
-Set various average bitrates and target sizes

In PS3MediaServer:
-Set Max Bandwidth to 15, 14, and 8 Mbps
-Set Number of Audio Channels to 2 Channel Stereo

I've made about 25 m4vs with some combination of these settings, and I keep running into the same problem. I'm hoping that it's really just a simple setting that I haven't played with. If someone could tell me EXACTLY which preset they use AND the changes they make to get around this problem, I'd be greatly appreciative. I know very little about networks, so I don't know what might be the problem with the PS3MediaServer, if anybody has any insight they can share please do.

MacBook Pro(2010)/Intel Core i5/4gb RAM
Handbrake 0.9.5
PS3MediaServer 1.20.409
TedJ
Veteran User

Post by TedJ »

Wired or wireless connection between your Macbook Pro and your PS3?