album covers not showing in Apple TV UI

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Bundara

album covers not showing in Apple TV UI

Post by Bundara »

Has anyone had any issues when syncing movies across to an Apple TV from an Itunes Library, with the movie cover not showing in the Apple TV?

My movie covers are all OK in Itunes but will not convert across to the Apple TV. I have used other ripping programs in the past and have not had any issues with this before. The movies will all play OK on the Apple TV just no covers.

Help
TedJ
Veteran User

Re: album covers not showing in Apple TV UI

Post by TedJ »

Moving to Devices.
Mach1_8

Post by Mach1_8 »

Sweet: First post on this forum. Hopefully I'm not way out to lunch.

I had this problem last week. The problem was (to my dismay) that the audio tracks on my encodes were in the wrong "order." For example, I would encode a movie with AC3 for the first track and AAC for the second. This file would not display cover art in ATV, even though iTunes was showing it. When I swapped the audio tracks (i.e. AAC first, AC3 second) the problem went away. In both cases, the file played fine. I can't tell you why this worked for me, nor can I tell you if it will work for you. At any rate, good luck!
cwallis

Post by cwallis »

I had this problem too. For me it was something really simple. Basically my ATV was trying to sync before I could do a command I and put the cover art, name, date, etc that I wanted to put in. So make sure your ATV doesn't sync until you have done everything in itunes that you were planning to do.
Chris_BBR
Novice

Post by Chris_BBR »

cwallis wrote:I had this problem too. For me it was something really simple. Basically my ATV was trying to sync before I could do a command I and put the cover art, name, date, etc that I wanted to put in. So make sure your ATV doesn't sync until you have done everything in itunes that you were planning to do.
The ATV only syncs automatically (i) when iTunes is already running and you turn on the ATV, (ii) when the ATV is already on and you start up iTunes, (iii) when both iTunes and the ATV are already running and you add a movie, TV show or music video to iTunes. So, just wait for the automatic sync to finish, do your stuff, and then do a manual sync.

Cheers, Chris