Think I ran into Ticket #52 problem tonight

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
mrtaber

Think I ran into Ticket #52 problem tonight

Post by mrtaber »

I have been ripping and encoding away with HB, 0.8.5b1. No real problems until a certain DVD, whose main title was just over 3 hours in length. The process got all the way through, and then silently crashed during the muxing. File size? 4Gb. (Well, reported as 4.07Gb).

All settings were vanilla AppleTV.

Thanks,
Mark
cvk_b
Veteran User

Post by cvk_b »

I think there is a specific svn commit that fixed this issue but was reverted because it broke iPod compatibility. The devs are definitely looking at this issue.
cdaiger

Post by cdaiger »

I can verify that there is a fix being worked on...the problem lies in that it is not compatible with a lot of devices (eg PS3, iPod).

For now, you could just back down on the bitrate (not a perfect solution) or just wait on that dvd for when a fix comes.
mrtaber

Post by mrtaber »

Thanks, everyone. I'll just put these longer DVDs on the back burner...it's not like I don't have other ones to work with :)

I just wasn't sure if this type of report was helpful or not. If not, was there something I could have done differently to make it helpful?

Again,
Thanks
Mark