The Strangest thing with Audio!

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
gswhite

The Strangest thing with Audio!

Post by gswhite »

OK, just a quick query really, and I am hoping I have requested some assistance or feedback in the right part of the Forum.

I have complied the latest Handbrake from the SVN and used MTR to rip Disc One First Season of a Series called Medium.

I chose to encode the video in iPod format, and re-adjusted the screen size down to 640 width, and used 1350kbps Video setting, 128kpbs audio, as I wanted to be able to watch these episodes on both iPod and AppleTV.

I decided to watch the 1st episode tonight on AppleTV and the strangest thing happened.

About 15 minutes into the 1st episode, the Opening Muscal score and all the audio dialogue from the beginning of the episode got over-dubbed onto the current scene within the 1st episode.

So there I was watching this with a confused look on my face? Cause how the hell can that happen? Everything up to that moment/chapter is fine, and the all the audio goes on somekind of loop?

Can anyone help explain this and why handbrake would encode and produce a video file like this please?

thanks
G
maurj
Enlightened

Post by maurj »

Hi gswhite,

That is indeed strange! I have a few questions:

How many audio tracks did you extract? Which ones, and using which mixdown(s)?

When the opening score started the 2nd time, did the real audio continue as well? Or was it replaced?

Does the same problem occur when you play the movie in QuickTime Player / something else such as VLC?

- maurj.
baggss

Post by baggss »

Just for grins, you might want to re-encode directly from the DVD vice an MTR Video_TS folder. Just an idea to see what happens.
gswhite

Post by gswhite »

maurj wrote:Hi gswhite,

That is indeed strange! I have a few questions:

How many audio tracks did you extract? Which ones, and using which mixdown(s)?

When the opening score started the 2nd time, did the real audio continue as well? Or was it replaced?

Does the same problem occur when you play the movie in QuickTime Player / something else such as VLC?

- maurj.
When i carried out the extraction, on audio and video using MTR I ripped the complete DVD, as eash DVD has 4 episodes on.

When I setup Handbrake to encode the 1st episode, I used the 5.1 DD track, and downmixed that using Handbrake to Prologic.

When the opening score started the second time it completly replaced the original track and voices.

If I play the video file back in VLC, Quicktime, MPlayer I experience the same problem, at the same place everytime.

Thanks and hope this helps?

G
hawkman
Veteran User

Post by hawkman »

If you've still got the video_ts that MTR outputted, it might be worth watching it to check that's not where the problem lies. If you haven't already...