Adding an audio track in a QT file as alternate language

Discuss encoding for devices and presets.
Forum rules
An Activity Log is required for support requests. Please read How-to get an activity log? for details on how and why this should be provided.
Kwintin

Adding an audio track in a QT file as alternate language

Post by Kwintin »

Hello!

Now that the Apple TV has been upgraded and is finally able to handle multilingual QT files, I'm trying to combine all of my DVD rips that were encoded with Handbrake.
I can add stereo and surround audio tracks in QuickTime, but can't get the MOV to handle 2 different languages ... My tracks are in the file, but no bubble or menu in iTunes/QuickTime for language choice ...
Any idea of how this can be done?

rhester
Veteran User

Re: Adding an audio track in a QT file as alternate language

Post by rhester »

I don't know whether mp4track svn will mangle a MOV container (it's fine with MP4, obviously), but it does allow setting the alternate track bit (among others) in the atom.

Rodney
Kwintin

Post by Kwintin »

rhester wrote:I don't know whether mp4track svn will mangle a MOV container (it's fine with MP4, obviously), but it does allow setting the alternate track bit (among others) in the atom.

Rodney
Thank you for your answer, although I don't know how to do what you just suggested :oops:
realityking
Veteran User

Post by realityking »

Anything encoded with HandBrake should be MP4 and not MOV, so mp4tracks should be fine.

mp4tracks is a command line utility. If you don't know how to do that I'd ask Rodney kindly if he'd add it to Subler.