Encoding Animation AND making it Mac/iTunes friendly

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
k_man

Encoding Animation AND making it Mac/iTunes friendly

Post by k_man »

I am about to start a massive encoding job on my Transformers G1 animation series, but before I do, I need some hints regarding settings.

I did a couple of tests using the "AppleTV" preset but I found the output to be somewhat bad. I could clearly see horizontal lines when the animation moved. Is there a better setting/preset for encoding animations to use with Mac/iTunes/AppleTV?

I am aware of the “Animation” preset, but the output is set to .mkv and that is not a format witch is very usable in iTunes/AppleTV. Would this setting work if I just change output format to “MP4 file”? Should in that case video codec be H.264 or FFMEPEG?

Thanks!
jbrjake
Veteran User

Re: Encoding Animation AND making it Mac/iTunes friendly

Post by jbrjake »

....so turn on decomb and detelecine if you're seeing interlacing artifacts. Don't blame the AppleTV preset for preserving the horizontal lines from the source.
k_man

Post by k_man »

I'm not blaming anyone. I'm just a n00b in this field and not knowing better I just selected AppleTV becuase that is what I use for playback. No need to be rude... But thanks for the tip! Turning on decomb and detelecine did the trick.
justincase
Bright Spark User

Post by justincase »

Gee this developer is so nasty it makes me not want to use the program at all. No wonder there are so many problems with it.
Bantha

Post by Bantha »

justincase wrote:Gee this developer is so nasty it makes me not want to use the program at all. No wonder there are so many problems with it.
Hush your mouth. This is the BEST program ever. Great quality, fast, and FREE! Has it's faults, but the PROs by far outweighs and outshines the CONs.