Can you add Images and/or edit chapter markers?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Popeye Doyle

Can you add Images and/or edit chapter markers?

Post by Popeye Doyle »

New to Handbrake and I do like the program better than the Cucusoft suite. I did a search but was not able to find a answer to this question. I like having chapters so my movie file works more like the iTunes movie purchases. I would like to add images to the chapters and edit the titles. I typically use one of the default iPod presets for encoding on my Mac. Is there a better setting to or another tool that will produce the desired results?
rhester
Veteran User

Re: Can you add Images and/or edit chapter markers?

Post by rhester »

You can edit the chapter names with a number of tools, including MetaX (multiplatform), but there is currently no way to add images to the chapters.

Rodney
Hello
Novice

Post by Hello »

Edit: It doesn't work, metadeta hootenanny only ads "menus" to .mov files, not images to chapters
Last edited by Hello on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Samurai

Post by Samurai »

I have used MetaHoot a little and just spent over an hour reading and trying to figure out how to simply add chapter images to an existing movie but I still can't figure it out and the Sprite Wizard is confusing and not well documented. Can you tell me how to add chapter images ?
Hello
Novice

Post by Hello »

Samurai wrote:I have used MetaHoot a little and just spent over an hour reading and trying to figure out how to simply add chapter images to an existing movie but I still can't figure it out and the Sprite Wizard is confusing and not well documented. Can you tell me how to add chapter images ?
You can't, I miss read the information on Metadata Hootenanny, plus it only does .mov files and adds menus to them.