From DVD to MtR to HandBrake

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
mwleary

From DVD to MtR to HandBrake

Post by mwleary »

I have copied my DVD collection to my mac using Mac the Ripper. I then discovered Handbrake and have been turning the MtR files into mp4's [for space mainly - so I can fit them all on one external HD.]

Some of the files I am having problems with and at the end of the 'compression' Handbrake quits and I can't read the mp4 file. It seems to be on files where I have more than one title.

If I can't copy them then I will leave them as the MtR files but to find out after seven or so hours is a frustating way to learn it can't be converted.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks.

Mark
Nonsanity

Post by Nonsanity »

Sometimes, for no particular reason that I can see, a rip with HandBrake will seem to go fine, but the final file is broken in some way. The odd thing is, if you rip it again, in exactly the same way... It will work.

I see this mainly when ripping extra features, probably because there are more of them than main features, though some of THEM have this happen too.

The programmer in me suspects some uninitialized variable, since that would be filled with random garbage and would be the only source of variation that I can think of.
mwleary

Post by mwleary »

Thanks.