Couple of requests

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
vassie

Couple of requests

Post by vassie »

Hello, I have just downloaded the latest version of Handbrake and I have a couple of requests that I would like to put forward for a future version.

1. Would it be possible for Handbrake to also accept DVD images, ie, ISO & IMG?

2. Now that we have support for file inputs, ie, AVI's, is it possible to input a subtitle file (.sub, .srt etc.) along with an AVI, and get Handbrake to hardcode the subs into the video?

Thanks you
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: Couple of requests

Post by s55 »

1. Already accepts ISO. Not sure about IMG
2. Soft Sub support is something that is being looked at. No timeframe for such a feature yet though.
vassie

Post by vassie »

Opps, didn't try, just assumed it didn't sorry :S

Looking forward to sub support, I have a few AVI's with .srt files, and it would be great to convert them to my iPod or PSP

Thank you
fredlkrue

Post by fredlkrue »

i tried with img source few weeks back and it works..... all we need now is soft sub support :)
vassie

Post by vassie »

Just thought of a couple more features that I would like to see,

1. WMV input support (note sure if this is a bug, as it doesn't work for me).

2. Cropping preview, it would be nice to have a preview windows, showing the areas I have cropped, thus making it easier to fine tine.

3. The ability to export and import profiles, I have seen some great settings posted in the forum, however, it would be much easier if I could import them.

Thanks
realityking
Veteran User

Post by realityking »

No. 2 works on Windows and Mac but can't be implemented into Windows GUI due to technical reasons.

Btw, we've got a forum for feature requests.