Battlestar Galactica: Title number to Episode number mapping

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
mslass

Battlestar Galactica: Title number to Episode number mapping

Post by mslass »

Hi:

For Battlestar Galactica DVDs, does anyone know of a comprehensive list that maps (season, episode) => (season, disc_number, title_number)?

The discs with four episodes *usually* have the episodes on titles 1,2,4,6, but not always, and they're not always in the right order (the first two discs of season 1 had the episodes shuffled about, for example). Ripping the first chapter of each title, watching it, and trying to figure out which episode it is based on the description in the episode guide is getting tedious.

I've got a perl script written for ripping the shows and for invoking atomicparsley to embed the tags in the mp4, but it naturally needs the right metadata to get things right.

Thanks.
trondmm

Re: Battlestar Galactica: Title number to Episode number mapping

Post by trondmm »

Does it have a "play all" title? If so, you can compare block size of all chapters in this title to the chapters of the other titles, to identify the playing order.
t12ek

Re: Battlestar Galactica: Title number to Episode number mapping

Post by t12ek »

Try opening it in a DVD player, selecting the episode through the menu, and then check which title is playing.

I use VLC and when the video is playing, if I go to the "Navigation" menu at the top (as if to switch to a different title/chapter) it will give me the information I need.