anamorphic video on ipod

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
MacMulder

anamorphic video on ipod

Post by MacMulder »

Ive used handbrake for a while now, always using ipod hi rez preset on my 2.1 ghz macbook.

I wanted to get my videos to the same resolution as the new stuff on the itunes store, which they are using anamorphic encoding.

There movie files say actual resoultion 640 x 480 but they play and display at 853 x 480

and these are playable on the ipods,

so if i use the anamorphic option on handbrake will they still play on my ipod if i use 1500 bitrate, insert ipod atom, and use say anamorphic
display of 853 x 480

will they play on the ipod or iphone? thank you to anybody who can help
kalafalas

Re: anamorphic video on ipod

Post by kalafalas »

the ipod can handel some great stuff. it can handel the native relolution of a dvd, set it to 720 and check "losse animorphic" and then its the same as the origonal dvd, and dosent suffer from compression like anormorphic PAR. but if u up the resolution, u might want to up the bitrate to 2000. but that will conflict with the VBV buffer settings, so build off the iPhone preset, instead of the iPod hi-res, cause the iPod classic can handle way way more than the iPod 5G, pretty much the same as the iPhone.