Muxing???

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
eyr

Muxing???

Post by eyr »

Never done this before - it takes between 4-8 hrs to rip something, then sticks on 'muxing' whatever the *#&$(& that is. How long is it supposed to "mux"? I have OSX and turned off all my energy savers which is annoying as **** since it takes 8 hrs. Nothing has worked yet b/c it always freezes on 'muxing'. Does the 'muxing' part take as long as the 'ripping' part? If that's the case, I can't uninstall this ridiculous program fast enough. Any thoughts? Sorry for the attitude but I'm really, really sick of waiting 8 hrs to have it not work every time.
jose_e_cuervo

Post by jose_e_cuervo »

Muxing (Multiplexing) is the process of taking separate parts of the video (streams; i.e. subtitles, audio, video) are all joined into one file.

What settings are you using to encode your video?

You've disabled the Power Saving features, but do you by any chance switch users while it's encoding? That is supposed to cause a crash.
eyr

Post by eyr »

Since I'm so new at this, I'm not sure what settings I'm using. I know that I don't switch users. Thank you for your reply!