iTunes Store Pre-Set

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Bog

iTunes Store Pre-Set

Post by Bog »

Any suggestions on how I can create a pre-set that creates files similar to those used by the iTunes Store?

I found the following table on iLounge:
Cavalicious

Re: iTunes Store Pre-Set

Post by Cavalicious »

1. You can crop the resolution to whatever you want.
2. Outside of resolution and bitrate, this chart tells you nothing. There's a lot more that goes into encoding.
3. Why is this post in Devices?
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

This is a fool's errand. You *can't* make encodes like the iTunes store's. You're working with a DVD source. Do you think the studios are too?
baggss

Post by baggss »

*Moved to "General"*
cmbmovies

Post by cmbmovies »

I was looking at that table today too funnily enough. I don't think there is a way to encode anamorphic 640x video with handbrake. When i click the anamoprhic tab the width springs back to 720, but i'd be happy to be proved wrong.
Bog

Post by Bog »

I'm working from DVD source.

The question still remains, what's the best way to create a video similar to those that are on iTunes?
dynaflash
Veteran User

Post by dynaflash »

Bog wrote:I'm working from DVD source.

The question still remains, what's the best way to create a video similar to those that are on iTunes?
And the answer still remains. That chart tells us almost nothing about the encodes besides bitrate and resolution.
jbrjake
Veteran User

Post by jbrjake »

Bog wrote:I'm working from DVD source.

Again, you *can't* since they're working with cleaner, higher-quality sources. It's like why a rip from a standard def TV broadcast looks worse than a rip from a high def broadcast downscaled to standard def.