no longer saving to original videos path

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
DanTheOracle

no longer saving to original videos path

Post by DanTheOracle »

Description of problem or question:

hello frens
i had a really fast and easy solution to my last issue and i have been struggling to work this out for weeks now.

when i dragged a video into handbrake it was set up to save the new video to the same path as the original but it stopped doing that a couple of months ago and no matter how i seem to set the options i cant get it to do that any more. i do have some presets automatically set up for what im trying to do and those still work fine just the path isnt working any more.

most of what i use it for is converting mkv's into mp4's for sony vegas or compressing vegas output files down to an uploadable size so i need the output file to be in the same directory as the source file for ease of upload/editing.

i have played around with all the setting in the tools/preferences/output files but nothing seems to make any difference for me.

i have a feeling i need to do like a clean install or a "factory reset" of the options or something for it to work again. im hoping im just an idiot that messed something up but im 99% sure i didnt change anything because my presets are all set up to do everything automatically and i had nothing to change in them to have screwed that up.

default path is currently set for {source_path} but i have tried all the available options and it didnt make any difference
file format is set to {source}-{title}

hopefully i explained things well enough that someone will understand my issue. if not i will try again. love the program thanks.

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

win7

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

HandBrake 1.3.1 (2020010400)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4160 CPU @ 3.60GHz
Ram: 16337 MB,
GPU Information:
AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series - 27.20.14501.18003
Screen: 2560x1600
Temp Dir: C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Local\Temp\
Install Dir: C:\Program Files\HandBrake
Data Dir: C:\Users\Dan\AppData\Roaming\HandBrake

-------------------------------------------

[23:15:58] Compile-time hardening features are enabled
Cannot load nvEncodeAPI64.dll

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
Deleted User 11865

Re: no longer saving to original videos path

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

By same path do you mean same folder or same file name?
DanTheOracle

Re: no longer saving to original videos path

Post by DanTheOracle »

path meaning same folder yes

i use a folder structure where all the videos i want to use for a project get saved into the same original folder so some folders for a project may have dozens of videos i have saved for months and sometimes they will be in formats i will need to convert. if they are not saved in the same place as the originals it makes them harder to find specially if i set one to convert but only use it some times later on.

hope that makes sense