General query about HandBrake automation

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
tryonk

General query about HandBrake automation

Post by tryonk »

Description of problem or question:

I support Zoom at a large university medical center, and I would like to create a workflow that is as automatic as possible for nontechnical users to prepare Zoom meeting recordings to be posted on the web (e.g. Vimeo). I can do this myself without an issue but would like to create a drag and drop workflow for admins and users without an in-depth understanding of video files.

It appears that CLI scripting is the preferred or only method for this using HandBrake. Is that accurate?

Thanks,
Ken Tryon

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):
Most recent

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Windows, possibly MacOS
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: General query about HandBrake automation

Post by s55 »

You can either user the CLI, which probably isn't all that user friendly, or you can make a suitable preset available to everyone.

If you share a good preset (assuming there isn't a suitable out the box one), then it's as simple as dragging the file onto the UI, selecting the preset, set a destination path and pressing start.
tryonk

Re: General query about HandBrake automation

Post by tryonk »

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah--I haven't done any PowerShell scripting, and it's been a while since I did even simple batch files, so the CLI doesn't look like a good solution. I was figuring on drag & drop with a preset and detailed instructions for the end user. I've done tech support for long enough to know what seems obvious to me can be completely foreign to my users.

kt