HELP! Please, with subtitles ;)

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
feli
New User

HELP! Please, with subtitles ;)

Post by feli »

Description of problem or question:
Hello, guys, I am new in this subtitles world and I need your help. I created an SRT file with the subtitles I want to add to my video with Subtitle Edit, and now I am trying to insert them to the video with HandBreak, but there is a problem I don´t seem to solve at the moment.

The thing is, when I visualize my subtitles in Subtitle Edit (another software), the subtitles are OK, with 2 lines maximum, which is what I want for my video, but when doing the codification with HandBreak, the subtitles appear sometimes up to four lines... and this is very ugly and hard to follow when watching the video. I try to find something in the configuration to be changed, but I don´t find it. Can anybody help me? It would be awesome.

Thanks a million, a big hug ;)

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

version 1.3.3.

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 8.1

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
If you are unable to do so, please state why so we can help you.
Don´t understand this, sorry ;(