Problem converting old videotapes

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
abdilbaasid

Problem converting old videotapes

Post by abdilbaasid »

Hi everyone,

I captured old tapes with Elgato Video Capture, I wanted to edit them with Premiere Pro but the problem with Premiere Pro is that it doesn't support video files with a variable format footage (which is the case for all my files captured with Elgato), i have to convert them to a constant format.

I converted some of them to constant format but the problem I am having is with some video files of the original, sometimes there are about approximatively 2-3 mins where vertical stripes appear as if the videotape was bad, and on the file converted with Handbrake, this little moment was advanced quickly which means that subsequently the video and the sound doesn't match, the video is ahead of the sound so the sound is late. Surely a problem of settings? What can I do please?

Thanks in advance
Deleted User 13735

Re: Problem converting old videotapes

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

No, probably a fault of your captured file. Try fixing it or trimming it in the trial of VideoRedo+, if you are on Windows.
abdilbaasid

Post by abdilbaasid »

musicvid wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:29 am No, probably a fault of your captured file. Try fixing it or trimming it in the trial of VideoRedo+, if you are on Windows.
I just downloaded the software and my files are in mp4, I think the software supports only MPG files because I have the following message when I import my mp4 file: "H264 / AVC video streams are not supported in this version "
Deleted User 13735

Then download the trial of VideoRedo TV Suite.
abdilbaasid

Post by abdilbaasid »

musicvid wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:55 am Then download the trial of VideoRedo TV Suite.
How to "fix" the file with VideoRedo TV Suite please?
Deleted User 13735

Quickstream Fix.
RTM or post your question on their forum, thanks.