Do I need to re-optimize in Subler after adding meta if I web optimize in Handbrake?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Fried_Yoda

Do I need to re-optimize in Subler after adding meta if I web optimize in Handbrake?

Post by Fried_Yoda »

Description of problem or question:
I export as an MP4 and I always select Web Optimized and Align A/V Start from the summary window. I use Subler to add metadata to the file, and sometimes add subtitles and chapters to it as well. I save the file in Subler but then it gives me the option to Optimize, which Subler's wiki describes as:
It interleaves the audio and video samples, and puts the "MooV" atom at the begining of the file, restoring the Quicktime "fast-start" (also known as "pseudo-streaming") ability of the file.
My question is, if I've already exported the file as Web Optimized in Handbrake, do I need to re-optimize in Subler if I change the metadata or add subtitles or chapters?

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
Mac OS 10.15.17

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

N/A
Ritsuka
HandBrake Team

Re: Do I need to re-optimize in Subler after adding meta if I web optimize in Handbrake?

Post by Ritsuka »

Yes.
Fried_Yoda

Re: Do I need to re-optimize in Subler after adding meta if I web optimize in Handbrake?

Post by Fried_Yoda »

Ritsuka wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:14 pmYes.
Thank you