Best video cropping program for Handbrake?

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
kpoviv7

Best video cropping program for Handbrake?

Post by kpoviv7 »

I had previously asked if it is good to trim scenes from a video with Adobe Premiere and then compress the video with Handbrake and they told me NO. Because Premiere makes videos lose a lot of quality once they are rendered.
WHICH PROGRAM IS VERY GOOD AND ACCURATE FOR CUTTING VIDEOS?
Deleted User 13735

Re: Best video cropping program for Handbrake?

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

You heard wrong, because ALL programs that crop video will re-encode it, introducing losses.
Premiere is no better nor no worse than any other nonlinear editing program -- it depends solely on the encoder used.
Deleted User 13735

Post by Deleted User 13735 »

Sorry, I misread your question, and apologies. You can losslessly trim AVC video in VideoRedo for Windows and maintain GOP integrity.
Premiere and other nonlinear editors will usually re-encode it, but not much quality is sacrificed.
kpoviv7

Post by kpoviv7 »

musicvid wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:11 pm Sorry, I misread your question, and apologies. You can losslessly trim AVC video in VideoRedo for Windows and maintain GOP integrity.
Premiere and other nonlinear editors will usually re-encode it, but not much quality is sacrificed.
Thank you for recommending me that program (videoredo). It is what I was looking for several years ago and did not know if such a program existed. I already saved 200gb by cutting unnecessary fragments and I just go for 10% of a 6tb disk.