Burning in subtitles keeping their layout/position

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Mina

Burning in subtitles keeping their layout/position

Post by Mina »

Description of problem or question:

I want to burn in existing monolingual subtitles onto a video that does not contain subtitles. It works fine with Handbrake, except that the position of the subtitles does not stay the same as in the original subtitles file, e. g. a certain subtitle is supposed to be displayed on the lower left of the screen, another one on the upper right etc., but they're all displayed at the same standard position.
Also, subtitles consisting of two lines are displayed in a single line. I tried it with .srt and .ssa (with .ssa it kept the colour of the subtitles at least, but nothing of the above). Is it possible at all with Handbrake? Thanks a lot.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

Windows 7

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

I'm really sorry, but I am not able to locate the log file even having read the instructions on your website. There is no AppData\Roaming\HandBrake\logs or I cannot find it.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Burning in subtitles keeping their layout/position

Post by mduell »

Since you can't find the directory, what if you do the encode and then open the activity log window in the app?
Mina

Re: Burning in subtitles keeping their layout/position

Post by Mina »

I found another way of doing it, with someone else's software, thanks.