getting a gui version of handbrake to run on an xpenology nas

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Andy-the-Diver

getting a gui version of handbrake to run on an xpenology nas

Post by Andy-the-Diver »

Hi - Im not new to handbrake and am self taught in terms of settings for size/quality output files etc using h264.
I'm chuffed to bits with what handbake does - but im not so chuffed at how long it ties up my pc for.
I've recently purchased a nas and with lots and lots of help from forums etc, have now got it configured to run emby inside docker [which tbh i still dont fully understand ]
My question is, Has anyone here managed to run Handbrake either directly on - or inside a docker on an xpenology nas?
If so - wuld you mind providing a step by step guide [preferably in pictures] as to how to do it?
My nas is rocking an i3 processor - but sadly only 2gig of ram. with synology 6.1 softare.
many thanks
Andy

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
s55
HandBrake Team

Re: getting a gui version of handbrake to run on an xpenology nas

Post by s55 »

It's not a platform we really support. You could certainly try running the flatpak CLI build inside a ubunut based docker container but you're pushing your luck with 2GB of Ram unless your only doing 480/576p low res content. HD could well crash the NAS with out of memory issues.