encoding a full disc(with chapters) on 1 file

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
miltk

encoding a full disc(with chapters) on 1 file

Post by miltk »

Description of problem or question:
is it possible to do a full disc en toto and not broken down into it's individual chapters?
i wanted to do this with an old tv series. it has 8 chapters on disc 1 but i wanted to do the whole disc as one file....i couldn't see any options for it. the title menu had all 8 listed individually and of course the chapter menu was the same.

thx all

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):
windows 7 pro
miltk

Re: encoding a full disc(with chapters) on 1 file

Post by miltk »

also of note.
i did another series (korean drama)recently and in it's chapter menu i did see an option that not only localized each chapter (roughly 1hr 3min each) but also had a total option all the episodes(4) into one runtime (4hrs 15min).

it would say
chapter 1.... duration 4hrs 15
i would bypass this for the korean dramas and i would queue each 1hr episode instead.

however in this current project, a japanese drama, it does not have a total duration option
Deleted User 11865

Post by Deleted User 11865 »

Those are titles, not chapters. Chapters would be parts of each episode.

It all depends on how the DVD was authored. Some have "Play All" implemented as a title, others only have individual episode titles and "Play All" is implemented using DVD menu logic. HandBrake cannot display DVD menus, so in the latter case you will have to combine the encoded files using other software after HandBrake.
miltk

Post by miltk »

Rodeo wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:58 pm Those are titles, not chapters. Chapters would be parts of each episode.

It all depends on how the DVD was authored. Some have "Play All" implemented as a title, others only have individual episode titles and "Play All" is implemented using DVD menu logic. HandBrake cannot display DVD menus, so in the latter case you will have to combine the encoded files using other software after HandBrake.

thx. i think handbrake was acting glitchy. i put in the disc later and everything was ok