Set Subtitle 'Foreign Audio Scan' as Default Track, Batch

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
Alieo

Set Subtitle 'Foreign Audio Scan' as Default Track, Batch

Post by Alieo »

Is it possible to set the 'Foreign Audio Scan' subtitle track as the default subtitle track for a batch?

This is one of my biggest challenges when it comes to processing video files with handbrake. I generally don't need subtitles but if a foreign subtitle track exists, I want it to be the default subtitle track.

I know I can set this subtitle track to be burned in for an entire batch but I don't want to burn it into the video, I just want it to be the default subtitle track.

Is there a way to do this within handbrake?

Also, if anyone has any experience with mkvproedit, I'd be interested in a script I could use that would set the 1st subtitle track to default IF more than 1 subtitle track exists.

This is because basically, I always add the standard English subtitles; if a foreign audio track is found, there will be 2 subtitle tracks; so I could set the foreign audio subtitle track as default, via mkvproedit, by setting the 1st subtitle track as default where "totalSubtitleTracks > 1".

I have a couple batch files already to accomplish things like this but I don't know if it's possible to setup an "IF (movieSubtitleTracks > 1)" statement.