Syncing Video File With Audio Recorded In Ableton Live

General questions or discussion about HandBrake, Video and/or audio transcoding, trends etc.
DTMusic

Syncing Video File With Audio Recorded In Ableton Live

Post by DTMusic »

Description of problem or question:

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to sync a 60min 30fs video to 60mix audio that was recorded in Ableton Live. I'm new to this process and have been searching around to find answers, which is what led me here to Handbrake.

I recorded a live performance set via, Cinemaker video software, but some of the audio of the video dropped out in the beginning and end of the video. I fortunately recorded my set in Ableton Live. So I have the full audio portion of it there in Ableton.

What I was hoping to do is use the audio portion from live and sync it up to the video but of course the timing doesn't match. So this is where I am now - trying to find a way to sync it.

Thanks.

Steps to reproduce the problem (If Applicable):

HandBrake version (e.g., 1.0.0):

Operating system and version (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, macOS 10.13 High Sierra, Windows 10 Creators Update):

HandBrake Activity Log ***required*** (see How-to get an activity log)

Code: Select all

Please replace this text with the contents of your log file between the two code tags - OR -  provide a pastebin URL in place of these 3 lines.
mduell
Veteran User

Re: Syncing Video File With Audio Recorded In Ableton Live

Post by mduell »

Not with HB. You need a video editor.